03 T-Bird

Bruzer

I am looking at a '03 T-Bird. Nice car, just not a lot of performance. I don't want a drag car, just respectable and comfortable performance. What can I do? I know where a complete, new '03 4.6 SVT motor is. Could that be a realistic option with a good trans without hacking? I want everything to look like it came from the factory. What about wheels? I think a set of SVT style 17 X 10's would look good on the back with some 8's or 9's up front. Who makes the SVT style wheels with custom offsets and bolt patterns. Thanks in advance for the ideas !

chickenviii

Established Member
way too much work to make it work on the new style bird, not even if it will fit in the bay. it is the same platform as the lincoln ls, lots of ls guys drool over this but ford tried back in the day and couldnt get the different modules to communicate. it can be done but it would require a entire rewiring of the car and poss totally stripped shell running minimal engine computer controls
and as far as aftermarket goes, well theres a cold air intake, a chip, exhaust, and a guy on LvC worked out swapping a 8.8 out of a 97 or lower bird allowing him a trac loc and 4.10's but thats it the 3.9 is NOT mod friendly

kennycoulter

Established Member
would be a sweet ride. what was the name of the paxton-ed early bird? an f-type? i would bet a hole would have to be cut in the hood for the 03 blower to poke through.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Saleen offered a modded New Tbird for a short time,has wheel/tire package,body and engine mods. Had a eaton blower on the 3.9v8 and made 390hp. Might want to check with them on the blower and a tune. Im not sure which wheels you mean as far as "svt-style". There are a lot of wheels out there that look classy enough for a new Bird but give it some more depth and size to the wheel/tire package.

Users who are viewing this thread