03 SVT Cobra. Stock, what parts should I look to replace while maintaining a stock feel?

Justin in NC

Recently got a clean title, 1 owner garage kept 03 Cobra coupe with about 12.8k miles on it, drives great and i've got no issues with it so far. I don't have any plans to modify it currently, and would like to keep it a weekend garage queen in more or less stock condition.

so, my questions are.... what should i have replaced when i have the tires swapped out this week? Sparkplugs seem like a no brainer, but what else typically should I tell my mechanic to double check on while that's being done? It already passed inspection so I don't anticipate any major malfunctions, and I don't have any mechanical concerns currently. it seemed to run more or less like she rolled off the factory floor yesterday but it is a 20+ year old car and stuff breaks down with time. I'd like to do everything i can to keep her running in this condition for a long time and am turning to experienced Cobra owners and experts here. Educate me on keeping my dream car in dream condition. No need to let something that could've easily been replaced/fixed become a major problem.

a 2nd question is this... i know certain things like alternator, a spare supercharger belt, spare sparkplugs, etc aren't a bad idea to keep around for the inevitable so in the months ahead i may consider grabbing a few low end spare parts like that since they would get used in time... but is there another part that typically fails on the 03 cobra i should maybe plan ahead for as well? What should i look out for as problems big or small?

Thanks for all the advice guys, it's appreciated and i'm all ears. This is my dream car, i've had my eyes on this car since i couldn't afford one in 03 and settled for a GT going into college instead, and i'd like to keep it in the condition a car like this deserves. Happy to be a part of the SVT family

Badaz01

Established Member
With that low of mileage I’d say not much. Maybe check wheel bearings, bushings, toe end links. Short throw shifter is always a good idea also. Maybe catback exhaust pulley intake and tune just to wake it up a bit and smooth out some of the corners ford cut. No matter what you do keep all the stock parts.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Since you're stock I wouldn't overly worry about the supercharger belt or alternator. Same with the plugs. Just replace them as a maintenance item. I agree with the fluid swap. And check the suspension bushings. Time isn't kind to rubber parts. I think you can get replacement rubber bushings to keep the factory ride.

Users who are viewing this thread