03 supercharger on my 99...should I buy this? PLEASE HELP!!!

venemous99cobra

Established Member
I am interested in installing a supercharger from a 03 Cobra to my 99 Cobra. What kind of boost can I safely run with a stock engine? What would I need to do to effecttivly run more boost. Also, what do I need to install and run the SC on my motor. I want to buy this one off of ebay, but I don't know what I need to do to make it work? Is everything I need included? How much time should I expect to spend installing it, or what might a shop spend? If anyone could help me with this it would be great, becuase I really don't want to miss out on this auction, so please let me know anything and everything that you can on the topic. Thanks!!!!

Here is the link for the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=46098&item=2428708732

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
You'd have to have the alternator relocation brakets, inlet piping, and maybe a few other items I can't think of right now.

snowmancobra

Established Member
I am in the process of doing it. We ran into a major snag with the parts that I would need. Ended up being much more. I got the main parts like the lower intake, intercooler, blower, tbody, etc... but the brackets, bolts, alternator relocation and what not have delayed things. ONce its done which will hopefully be over the next few weeks i will have MUCH more details on it

venemous99cobra

Established Member
blower swap

thanks for the reply. good luck with the swap, and please keep me informed on how things are going. if you had any way to give me a list of what i might need, then please let me know...i am interested in bidding on this auction on ebay, so if you could please let me know if there is anything else i will need to buy to make it work. thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33741&item=2430248677

snowmancobra

Established Member
That looks like agood deal to me man. Not sure how much the "take it" price is on it though since I dont use ebay, but that seemed like most of the parts there or at least more parts then I had

one thing I missed was the water pump

KillrCobra

Established Member
That looks like a good deal, but there's still 4 days left on it. Plus you figure you'll need bigger injectors, MAF calibrated for bigger injectors (lightning MAF), better fuel pump (03 pump), and a tune. So plan on spending some extra dough on it. May just be worth getting a new kit (vortech, ati, KB). Good luck!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread