03 Sonic Blue, mods, 123k miles (Tulsa Craigslist $9500)

shamrock216

Established Member
Saw this one sitting on the corner in town and found it on craigslist..

2003 SVT Sonic Blue Ford Lightning - TONS of Upgrades- VERY Fast!

Ive seen it around town a few times and its usually dirty, I think he has some kind of business. Ive seen stuff in the bed but never a trailer being pulled. I called him and he said itll need new tires soon (toyos on it now) and the front and rear bumpers are pretty rough. He said the interior is ok but driver's seat could use recovering and stereo is a cheap CD player that could be upgraded. He was easy to talk too and sounded like he would work with ya on the price. Just thought Id pass it along to anyone looking for a cheap L in the best color! (oh yeah and its got a 6lb lower and just an email tune from LFP, doesnt say that in the ad)

shamrock216

Established Member
I must have screwed up the link cause it's still on there. Just search "lightning" on the Tulsa craigslist. I saw it in town today and it still says for sale on the windshield.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
this is my best friends truck. He has been using it for his work truck for the last several years and has decided it would be best to sell so he can get a real work truck like a diesal or something. I performed all the mods on this truck and can tell you it runs very strong. its not the nicest truck out there but it isnt bad either and for the money you cant beat it. His name is Garrit and his number is 918-521-7075. He also has a baby on the way so no more fast stuff for him now. BTW I think he will take $8400 for it as of 05/28/10 but tell him I said that.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
here are a few pics
truck.jpg

truck2.jpg

truck3.jpg

truck4.jpg

truck5.jpg

truck6.jpg

DSC04709.jpg

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
sorry I cant do anything about the craigslist ad.
however I can answer any questions you guys might have.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
mods are:
stage 5 port
ported plenum
single blade tb
jlp intake
flowmaster exhaust and cat removal
6lb lower
diablo tuner
factory tech vb
killer chiller
it has never been dyno tuned but has a mail order tune from lfp
as far as power is concerned it is probably around 450hp and 525tq
I know it runs right with me in my mid 12 second mach1 and beats my buddies 03 cobra all day long. this is all I can think of right now. any questions I will try to answer them.

Dusten

Established Member
wow, thats a lot of mods for a mail order tune. i'd put that bitch on a dyno the day i bought it

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
He was going to have it tuned but we couldn't find anyone in town that uses diablo. Everyone around here tunes with sct. However the LFP tune in it is a very safe tune and works well.

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
Kurtis from Archangel can tune using anything. My pullied/ported termi made 541rwhp and 567rwtq with a 104 tune at 21* timing in 91 degree weather. He really knows his stuff. I am pretty sure I told Garrit about him when I use to work at Autozone.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
Ya I remember you saying something but curtis told garrit he doesnt use diablo and tried selling him a bunch of crap he didnt need. our group doesnt really like curtis to much anyways. We prefer Greg Gillam. curtis tried tuning my novi mystic and pulled 712rwhp then I took it greg and I got 778rwhp. I know dynos are different but thats a big differance. you should call greg I bet you will get over the 550 hump. BTW where do you work now?

Users who are viewing this thread