03 Saleen vert vs 03 Cobra vert

89#709

Established Member
Hey Folks,
Just wanted to get some feedback. I am presently a Saleen owner an older fox. 89#709 good shape with about 65k miles. typical mods Heads intake cam , etc. Here is the question. I am going to keepo the Fox Saleen since its all paid for and I am the second owner for the past 15 years. I show it a few times a year but rarely drive it because I want to keep the miles down, But I am looking at either a 2003 Saleen Convertible SC S281 or a 2003 Modded up Convertible 10th anniversary Cobra. For again weekend driver and newer show car. The Saleen is not an E car just a straight 375 hp car. Mileage is aboiut 5K, the Cobra however is modded up a little and its a 10th anniversary car black with a really nice set of Steeda aftermarket wheels. Some other mods bring the hp to a dyno of 459hp. It has about 15K miles. The guy selling it is not the owner but its on consigment and I trust him as he built the car up for his customer.
I know the Cobra is faster and with what has been done to the car it seems to probably handle a lot better then a stock Cobra as well. Its black with red seats. The Saleen does have some mods that will probably get it to 400hp to the crank or 360 to the wheels. Prices are within a couple thousand of each other. The Saleen is Redfire, the pictures I have seen of it are really nice looking. But I am concerned in that the owner is the second owner and the car only has 5 k miles on it. Plus he tried to sell it LY but it never moved? Which is fine I guess since not every one wants a saleen.
Pros to me are I love the looks of the Saleen. Don't worry I know what forum I am in. I love the cobra as well. I just think Saleen finishes off the exterior of the car better with the spoilers and Rims etc plus the suspension.
Plus it's a pretty exclusive to own a saleen I think there were less than 700 cars in 2003. This one is a relative low numbered car in the 150's I believe.

This Cobra (At Performance Auto) also looks great- Black vert with Steeda aftermarket rims. Bunch of Typical Cobra add on's Borla exhuast, dropped 2 inches, subframes, Cobra Brakes every thing a 10th anniversay has plus some more. But and this is where I am having trouble, it's not as exclusive as the Saleen and you really can't tell the differnce from one Cobra to another. I go to a Car show and there are 15 Cobra's and 3 Saleens. Please don't get me wrong I am in no way dissing the car, I love them and when they first came out I wanted one very bad in Sonic Blue with black top but didn't have the$$ at the time.
So looking at what I have posted above, I would apprecaite solid constructive feedback as to what you all would do. I have looked for a 2003 Saleen Cobra Convertible none for sale that I can find or if it was it went very fast. Plus not many around to be on sale anyways.
Thanks for your feedback. Have a great rest of the weekend.
Peace.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
the Saleen doesn't have a forged motor.
If your looking for the awe factor get the Saleen, Im sure it will turn a few more heads.

Tom

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
the Saleen doesn't have a forged motor.
If your looking for the awe factor get the Saleen, Im sure it will turn a few more heads.

Tom

+1.......or just get the Saleen Body Kit for the Cobra :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread