03 Rear Inner Wheel coating?

SpectorV

Established Member
My 03 has started to fade down to the red paint color on the inner rear wheel area. What is the best product to use to recoat the area, and what prep product would you recommend, any other tips? (Roll on vs spray on?). I want to keep the OEM look and finish if possible.

Thanks!

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
Not sure on the best product, but mine is wearing down too. I was probably just going to power wash the wells and hit it with 3M undercoating.

SpectorV

Established Member
I am going to polish up my wheels soon and wanted to get it all done at the same time, dont want a dull look or a bright shinny look, just OEM~

T0RCH3D

Established Member
First and foremost, the prep work for this is the most important and where most of the time should be spent. Remove wheel and use a pressure washer to get majority of road grime off the surface. Follow suit with a degreaser/APC to clean the area. Use a wire brush to loosen original undercoating/rusted areas. If rust is not a problem then your can proceed in masking suspension/brake components and I highly recommend taping the fender lips where they meet the wheel well and wrapping the rear quarter with plastic found any any paint/hardware store.

When it comes to the undercoating there are many to choose from.

The one I would go with if it was me is POR-15. Check out there products:
POR15, Inc. - Stop Rust Permanently - Repair Gas & Fuel Tanks

Users who are viewing this thread