03 Range Rover Vs Newer Chevy Tahoe

03LGCOBRA

Established Member
I usually don't race so don't post kills that often, however the other night coming home from a BBQ I was driving my mom's Range Rover cause I left early with my girlfriend and had some fun. I was at a light, and this black Tahoe comes up next to me, pulls ahead just enough where I can't see him. At first I thought it was a kid from my rowing team, I didn't recognize his car, but I didn't check. As he passed coming up to the light I saw him eye my car and my girl. The light turns green and I give the Range Rover a little gas so I am ahead, the road ahead merges to one lane, and I am watching him in the rearview mirror. I see the front his truck jump, I slam the shifter to sport, drop a gear, and floor it. He fell back rather quick, then when the road opens back up looked over with this look of WTF are you doing driving that car??? I smile and shake my head then pull into the Starbucks parking lot, only to get more WTF looks. I find it funny that everyone thinks that there car is a racecar even if is a SUVs.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
My mom has a Range Rover. It's slow as balls. Racing a RR is like the special olympics of drag racing.

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
Is it the new 06 Range Rovers that are supposed to pull close to 1G on the skid pad with the active stability control?

The new ones will be quick, but not as much as the new MLs and the 4.4 X5s.

vampirewax

i never post
Established Member
i take an auto tech class at school and last semester our teacher who does work on the side for range rover brought in the 06 rover (one of 6, or something like that, in the country at the time). the new one seems like it would be decently fast for a SUV, its supercharged with like 450hp. should be sweet, comfortable as f*** on the inside.

Users who are viewing this thread