03 pullied cobra 472rwhp vs 08 supercharged mustang 510rwhp

rizjan67

Established Member
I have read pretty interested road kills so I thought I share my road kill ,a little while ago I was cruising in my pullied cobra (non ported472/505 ) with my wife when all of sudden an 08 GT came next to me the guy reved it up and took off while I was just driving normal and he slows down till I get next to him in traffic ,finally we found 3or 4 miles of open road we got next to eachother start in 2nd gear pull, I guess it was 45 miles roll we were nose to nose till 3rd & as soon I hit 4th I was pulling off and till 5th I pulled atleast 3 or 4 car lenghts,he came next to me rolled down the window and said what kinda blower you have whipple or kenne bell? I responded just stock with aftermarket pulley,he was like I have paxton novi on my car with 510rwhp I couldn't keep up with this damn thing,,,he was pissssssed,, but it was good race.

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Your extra valve won it for you IDK?? A little surprising since he should be lighter than you especially with an extra passenger in your car?

Likely you outdrove him... close to 40 HP difference and you are heavier? Maybe his is a dynoqueen...dynojet?

rizjan67

Established Member
Your extra valve won it for you IDK?? A little surprising since he should be lighter than you especially with an extra passenger in your car?

Likely you outdrove him... close to 40 HP difference and you are heavier? Maybe his is a dynoqueen...dynojet?

Well forgot to mention that guy had one passenger too

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
It's all about the curve... Your shit made the power where it counted and the results show it. If you were to lay your dyno sheet on top of his I'm willing to bet you kill him everywhere except peak hp.. Good kill man!! Now buy my 2.3 whipple and make him cry!! lol

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
Well this race was before my port job & SRA with 4.10s

He must of fluffed his #'s for you to pull at "least 3-4 cars" on him. He had the weight advantage and the power. Plus on a roll race the Paxton would perform better on top end. Driver mod plays a huge role so that couldvd been why. Good kill plus its always nice to win with mrs in the car.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Nice kill. Agreed, torque curve and gears likely contributed significantly.

EDIT: Ok, maybe not the gears cause they weren't on.

rizjan67

Established Member
It's all about the curve... Your shit made the power where it counted and the results show it. If you were to lay your dyno sheet on top of his I'm willing to bet you kill him everywhere except peak hp.. Good kill man!! Now buy my 2.3 whipple and make him cry!! lol

Yeah man I had an 06 GT couple of years ago I put 2.3 whipple and whole bunch of $$hits,and car put down 478/450 so GT,s don't make too much torque,and when I was racing this dude my pullied cobra with Longtubes made 472/505,anyway so what's the deal on whipple?

rizjan67

Established Member
He must of fluffed his #'s for you to pull at "least 3-4 cars" on him. He had the weight advantage and the power. Plus on a roll race the Paxton would perform better on top end. Driver mod plays a huge role so that couldvd been why. Good kill plus its always nice to win with mrs in the car.

Guess what he had his lady in the car too I think he was trying to impress her or something but he got screwed that day and the sad thing is it was his call,,I wouldn't blame him coz when I used to have whipple charged GT I thought I had the fastest car & I used to run anything on the road and I beat so many cars till one day I faced off with 03 cobra and lost by couple of car lengths.

Riptide

Established Member
lulz @ the egos

My wife wouldn't give a crap whether I lost a race or not. She'd suck me sideways regardless and swallow with a smile. Most women really...don't...care.

Users who are viewing this thread