03' owners, break em in and hit the track!

02SVTF150

Wish I had my username
Established Member
I really would like to see some real world performance times on these bad boys. Some LS1 guy claimed he saw an 03' Cobra run a best of 7 runs 14.0 @102 :rollseyes

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114820

He claims this guy 'knew how to drive' powershifting, 2.18-2.20 60ft times and all. I either call this bullshit or something was seriously wrong. Maybe the track was uphill? He stalled 3 times? :shrug:

We need to shut some pie holes over there with some posted timeslips! :kaboom: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

YellowSnake

Established Member
I have found that there are a lot of people over there at LS1.com are in denial BIG time when it comes to the 03 Cobra. Seems like anytime good numbers are posted, they are quick to call BS... and anytime the numbers are slow, they quickly jump on them as the "real deal". Being on the top of the HP wars so long, they just can't stand it when they get knocked off their thrown. Who the hell gives a rats patoo about LS1.com & their opinions - they're just a bunch of haters anyway. :gt:

Let 'em "live the dream" I say... and then kick 'em where it counts when it counts. On the track or on the street... hell, even on the showroom - their legacy has ended. After I get the 03 Cobra - they can just stick a feather in their ass - then we'll both be tickeled :-D .

jpetre

Established Member
I couldn't help it! I had to post on the board! My neighbor has a bad LS1 with L/T, Y Pipe, Lid, springs, but those are some very crappy times. I hope if they are true the guy didn't drive it or that is just a crappy track. He stats that he runs a 13.6 @ 106 on a N/A car @ 2500 feet but a supercharged car ran a 14.0 @ 102???

Doesn't compute guys?:rollseyes

StangD281

Established Member
i8u

i8u,
Not my personal kill, I'm not an 03 owner (yet!)....
Heard that from a guy the goes to the track regularly and loves Stangs. He was amazed at what the car on only his 2nd pass down the track....sounded like he was movin'!!

verbs

Banned
Originally posted by 02SVTF150
I really would like to see some real world performance times on these bad boys. Some LS1 guy claimed he saw an 03' Cobra run a best of 7 runs 14.0 @102 :rollseyes

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114820

He claims this guy 'knew how to drive' powershifting, 2.18-2.20 60ft times and all. I either call this bullshit or something was seriously wrong. Maybe the track was uphill? He stalled 3 times? :shrug:

We need to shut some pie holes over there with some posted timeslips! :kaboom: :thumbsup:
Obviously, the guy sucks at driving, but the problem is that the track he ran at, LACR is at 2700ft elevation. Most people run .5 slower there compared to sea level.

They claim to have it on video, so it may get posted soon.

My buddy raced a guy in his 03 Cobra yesterday, and the Cobra driver said he ran low 13's in his car last weekend.

Low 13's in 100+ degree weather at 1500ft mind you!!! So I'd expect mid-hi 12's at sea level in decent weather. We know the Cobra should run mid-hi 12's....but of course not everyone is going to hit those marks.

Last edited:

Yellow Horse

Established Member
It might make them feel better for awhile but if they ever get the opputunity to line up against an 03 with a good driver they'll be picking their jaw up off their lap. My 01 with LT's and about every bolt on you can buy gave LS-1's and a few C5's all they could handle. My 01 with a full Bassani will suck the vert top right off my 01. There is no comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread