03 OW Project Car

OU812

Established Member
I had this up for sale a few months ago and took a deposit on the car but the guy seems to have fell off the face of the earth, I've tried for the last 2 months to get in touch with him and have had no luck. I'm not waiting anymore, I want to get this thing gone since I really have no need for 2 cobras and definitely don't have the time for a project car.

-2003 OW Cobra
-21,026 Miles
-BBK Longtubes
-BBK Offroad X-pipe
-Subframe Connectors
-Polished Bassini Exhaust
-Steeda Tri-Ax shifter
-Steeda Quadrant
-4:10 gears
-Billetflow pulleys

I bought the car halfway through a turbo swap and all the 03 stuff had been swapped out for the 01 stuff. I picked up an almost complete eaton set-up and my dad was putting it back together for me. I bought all new gaskets, sensors, bolts, etc from Toulsey Ford when it was being put back together.

It still needs a few parts to be completed, off the top of my head it will need:
-Supercharger
-Intercooler
-Heat Exchanger
-Crank pulley/Lower pulley
-Misc Bolts
-MAF
-Inj
-Intake

Bads: The headlights are faded and the third brake light is cracked. The hydroboost was leaking when I bought it, I bought one to replace it. The new one is in but needs to be finished up, I ran out of time the last time I was home on leave.

$15K and you bring your own wheels, the welds that are on the car now belong to my dad.

Cobra10.jpg

Cobra9.jpg

cobra8.jpg

cobra7.jpg

Cobra6.jpg

cobra5.jpg

Cobra4.jpg

Cobra3.jpg

Cobra2.jpg

Cobra1.jpg

Cobra.jpg

My dad took these pics and the car is nasty from sitting, I asked him to clean it up before the pics but this is what he sent me. The heat exchanger and 4lb lower have been sold and silver pulleys were swapped out for the blue ones from my other cobra. I have all the parts that are removed in the pics, my dad just removed the parts to make it easier to work on.

OU812

Established Member
where is the car located?

yes where is car located.. How do we know the car has a good running engine.

The car is at my parent's house in Atlanta. The first owner traded all the eaton parts for the 01 cobra parts, he lost his job shortly after and had to sell the car. Another member here bought the car and I ended up buying it from him, the car ran fine before the parts were swapped. I had a friend do a compression/leakdown test when I was home on leave and all the cylinders were between 175-180 compression and the leakdown test only showed 2-5% psi loss between the cylinders so the motor is good.

OU812

Established Member
The car will be sold with chrome 04 cobra wheels on it, I finally picked up a set of wheels for my other car.

OU812

Established Member
I was trying to part this thing out, I had the trans sold but wanted to sell the motor first. I can't seem to find a buyer for the motor and I'm tired of dealing with it, I'll take the first $12500.

LGHTEMUP

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
ok here are some questions..
1..where is the front bumper and fogs.
2.where is the exhaust.
3.clean title.
4.egr stuff with bracket gone?

OU812

Established Member
ok here are some questions..
1..where is the front bumper and fogs.
2.where is the exhaust.
3.clean title.
4.egr stuff with bracket gone?

1. The front bumper and fogs are back on the car now, the bumper cover was off to make it easier to work on.

2. The exhaust was taken off to be polished, it's in the garage but is included.

3. Clean title, no accidents

4. The EGR stuff is gone, it has the cap on the headers but will need the block off plate.

MTBSully

Established Member
Looks like a perfect project car for me since I am halfway through a turbo swap on my 04. Wish we coulda worked out a deal on my motorcycle.

Good luck with the sale though and bump for a nice OW!

Turbo4Vfox

Established Member
I spoke to the op numerous times and from what I got the motor should be fine. His dad used to build race motors awhile back and he knows his stuff. All cyls were fogged with mystery oil and the motor was turned over regularly to keep the rings from sticking. Things just haven't worked out for me to get it so some more info for everyon else. GLWS

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
My dad.. my best friends brother inlaw was a air plane mechanic... my great grand dad built this crap doesnt really work. The op can not prove that the motor is good. Its a huge risk. Taking someones word just doesnt work. Until that thing runs.. ur buying it assuming the worst.

Anyone who buys anything by taking someones word is a idiot. Happened to me once on a waverunner. Wont ever happen again

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread