03 Motor in 95 GT question

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
I have a 1995 Mustang GT Race car...full cage, fire extinguisher, no interior, the works...and the 95 5.0 motor...I am in a spec series this year (which I am currently leading)...

but next year I'd like to step up with some bigger cars...and the cost of adding an 03 motor and a beefed up transmissoin and suspension are probably better than buying a new car, ripping it apart and making it race ready...

Aside from all of the hicups, such as cooling, transmission, revised facia too add cooling, revised hood to fit motor and add cooling etc...

Will an 03 motor fit into a 95 GT?

Those with some serious input are most definately welcome to PM me...I am very serious about this project.

Thanks
Evan
:beer:

Last edited:

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
My dad and I have swapped a '97 cobra engine into a 1988 GT. Used the K-Member from the donor car and fabbed a crossmember for the transmission (which is different than the '03 trans of course). The wiring is probably the biggest pain in the ass especially with the keys having the theft protection. The computers can be reprogrammed with a chip though. It can be done.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Upgrade to a 96+ k-member, it will have the mounting points for the 4.6 motor. Youll have to switch to a returnless fuel system, new ECU, etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread