03 Mach vs 01 Bullitt

03CobraDude

Well, this evening I pull up to a stop light, turning left. I realize there's a Mustang behind me, so I decide to tear out. I get on it as does he. I check my mirrors and his front bumper is at my rear. Through first and second and part of third, he gains a little but I decide it's probably smart to let off the throttle since we were in town.

We pull up to the next light and I roll down my window to talk to him. I only get to ask what he has done to it, because I didn't think a Bullitt could hang with a Mach quite like that (he reeled me in good). He said he yells "heads n cam... what you got?" I tell him I only have exhaust. At that time, the light turned green and we had to go because of cars behind us.

What all do you think he's got done to it? My only mods would be an aluminum flywheel, Mac O/R H, and Mac catback. And I'd like to think I can drive somewhat decently.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I raced a 01 bullitt with exhaust(o/r h pipe and c/b) and i beat the living dog s**t out of him. My only mods are o/r x and a c/b. It was bad. we did a 50 mph roll and by 70 i was 2+ cars ahead of him already. Sounds like that bullitt had some decent mods. Nice run.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
My old Bullitt (315) had long tubes, o/r H, c/b, cold air, pulleys, comp cams 270AH, and tune. Car only made 277/288 but I ran consistent 13.4s with stock 3:27s and 245/45 555 (not R's).

By contrast my brothers Mach with cold air, o/r x and bassani mufflers made 297/327 untuned.

I could hang with him through first and part of second, but by 3rd he would run off on me.

If that bullitt had h/c + exhaust then the car probably made around 290/305 ish which would give your car a run for it's money. he possibly had a gear as well.

4.6pimp

Established Member
I would say a heads cam GT would pull on a mach1 with your mods. I have bolts on and against a friend of mine that has a mach1 with X-pipe/ flowmaster CB/ JLT and mail order tuneI lost buy only a car from 40-105 110.

Jester

-------------
Established Member
You didn't mention that you had a tune. With no cats and a cai, I would recommend one. Along with a whole list of mods...

The Bullitt should have kept up with you for sure.

03CobraDude

You didn't mention that you had a tune. With no cats and a cai, I would recommend one. Along with a whole list of mods...

The Bullitt should have kept up with you for sure.

Correct. I have no tune, couldn't afford a tuner. Maybe in a few months. No cai either.

The If we had started out even, the Bullitt would have edged me out. I'd say my front bumper would have been at the middle of his door. The guy seemed pretty cool. Hopefully I'll run into him again.

Also, what would it take to get me to run with stock to slightly modded terminators?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mach Boy

Established Member
Correct. I have no tune, couldn't afford a tuner. Maybe in a few months. No cai either.

The If we had started out even, the Bullitt would have edged me out. I'd say my front bumper would have been at the middle of his door. The guy seemed pretty cool. Hopefully I'll run into him again.

Also, what would it take to get me to run with stock to slightly modded terminators?

You're not going to be able to run with Termis on motor unless you have aggressive cams and possibly headwork. The easiest and cheapest way would be to slap some nitrous on there and call it a day.

Sny714

Established Member
A local Girl has an 02ish GT with heads and cams and dynoed around 305whp and 315ish tq. So those numbers would be able to reel you in slowly.

F8L BYT

Established Member
Im sorry but with your mods vs a heads and cams bolt on bullitt you would not only lose by a half a car but it would be multiple cars. Bullitts are NOT gt's they are much better and put down more power.

4valvemach

Established Member
Im sorry but with your mods vs a heads and cams bolt on bullitt you would not only lose by a half a car but it would be multiple cars. Bullitts are NOT gt's they are much better and put down more power.

The bullit is a gt just has a better intake and seats, also its based after a killer movie:rockon:.

Users who are viewing this thread