03 Mach - Built - Whipple - GT Cams - T56 - MM - Forgeline - 9600 miles

Jfoster

Established Member
(5/1/09) Price Drop - $26,500

IMG_7653.jpg

IMG_7667.jpg

IMG_7682.jpg

IMG_7704b.jpg

I'm ready to get this sold. I was asking $31k or best offer but I'm going to drop it now to your choice of $28,500 with the Forgeline wheels/tires or $26,500 if you provide your own wheels and tires.
Now has about 9600 miles. It's basically a super fast, tight showcar that I drive maybe 2-3 times a month.

This isn't a Cobra drivetrain swap - people usually ask me that first. It's a built from the ground up aluminum teksid motor. The Cobra accessory parts (intake, IC, timing cover, brackets...) were purchased either brand new or gently used then al of the parts that could be powder coated, were coated.
MM suspension, solid axle and aluminum block makes this like a lightweight version of an 03-04 cobra.
Basically, it has everything that a Cobra would aspire to having - all supporting mods EXCEPT the only thing I haven't done is change the rear axles - and I would suggest it for sticky tires. I opted for some of the best parts available (For example, I went with a complete Maximum Motorsports tubular front end instead of the less expensive UPR/D&D stuff).

The car is really, really nice. No internal gauges - just the Livewire, which does it all. Interior is stock when you put the Livewire away :)

Looking for a nice 91-93 coupe as well - so I'll consider trades +cash.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=73WPpDS-BSY"]YouTube - 2003 Mach 1 w/ Whipple Exhaust Sounds[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLCklrvRy8Q&fmt=6"]YouTube - 2003 Mach 1 For Sale[/ame]

Engine
Built Teksid shortblock
Cobra Crank
CP 17cc Pistons
Manley Rods w/ ARP 2000 Bolts
ARP Head and Main Studs
Canton Aluminum road race pan, Canton windage tray
Comp-Cams Springs and Retainers
Ford GT supercar cams
140AX 2.3 Whipple
Metco 6# lower
Billetflow 4-piece idler kit
Powder-coating on valve covers, timing covers and front acc.
Accufab TB
JLT Big Boost CAI
LFP Heat Exchanger
Maximum Motorsports oil-filter relocation kit

Fuel/Tuning
SCT BA2400
60lb Injectors
Cobra Tank
Cobra Pickup with Ford GT pumps
Dual FPDM harness
Livewire SCT tuner
Innovate LC1 wideband
3-bar MAP (both wideband and MAP connected and working through Livewire - can datalog both)

Exhaust
American Racing Longtube Step-Headers 3" Merge Collectors
Custom 3" X-pipe w/V-Band clamps at collectors
SLP LM1 Stainless Cat-Back

Drivetrain
2000 Cobra-R Spec T-56
26-spline Input Shaft
Ram HDT clutch
Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft
New style Pro 5.0 Shifter

Suspension
Maximum Motorsports K-member
Maximum Motorsports Control arms
Maximum Motorsports Coil-overs
Maximum Motorsports Caster-Camber plates
Maximum Motorsports Swaybar relocation kit
Bilstein Struts and shocks
Steeda sway-bar
Steeda rear adj. alum lowers
Steeda double-adjustable uppers

Wheels/Tires
18inch Forgeline GT3 wheels (18x10.5, 18x9)
New pzero rosso tires (315/30/18 - 265/35/18) - Wheels/tires over $4k alone.

Other
Honeycolb Mach rear panel
Sequential turn signals

NBSpics%20001.jpg

machpics%20001.jpg

enginerun%20036.jpg

^^ Shaker is now installed :)
machpics%20005.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/n8vxa/QSL Meet/DSC03059-web.jpg?t=1206493246

n8vxa/QSL Meet - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There are a few pictures in the following thread of the engine in the K-member, before install and of the engine a few minutes after it was installed :) It looks perfectly at home now :)
[ame=http://mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=70334]Almost ready to install... Whippled Mach :) - 2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club[/ame]

IMG_2053m.jpg

IMG_2064.JPG

IMG_2043.JPG

Last edited:

dtd01svt

Established Member
This is the baddest Mach Ive seen yet. Wish I had the funds!
Good luck with the sale..

Jfoster

Established Member
Thanks guys. If I didn't have another project in the works, I wouldn't ever sell it.

590 at 16ishlbs and 18 degrees - there's plenty left in the tune for sure. I think it's reasonable to say that an aggressive tune would put it in the 620ish range.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Man I love everything about this car. It's gotta be a perfect mustang build, can't believe it hasn't sold yet.

If I somehow come upon some money this christmas, I'll give you a call immediately.

LastChance

Established Member
Ive seen the car in person and met the owner about a month ago at a club gathering and the car is absolutely beautiful. He seems like a stand up guy who really knows his stuff.I think its a heck of a deal for the $. Just my 2cents.

Jfoster

Established Member
Thanks guys. It was fun to build and a blast to drive. I would never sell it but I was able to buy back my 68 coupe that I had in HS. It was my first car and my mothers car for years before that. I sold it back before I knew what sentimental value was. Unfortunately, the 68 sat in a back yard and rusted for a number of years, so it needs a LOT of time and money thrown at it.

vobra46

Established Member
I have been watching this thing for weeks, just wish I could swing this but my business is off almost 40%!!!

Best mach I have ever seen!!!

Props to you man, everything done is JUST the way I would have built it.

Bob

Jfoster

Established Member
Thanks man. I'd never sell it for any other car than the project I picked up. My 68 mustang from highschool. I sold it 15 years ago and was able to re-buy it. Funny thing is that noone ever registered it, so technically, it's been mine this whole time, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread