03 Mach 1 vs. ?'67? SS 396

glittle75

Established Member
Was driving home from work came to a stop light with a Orange with Black stripes Camaro SS, with a 396 badge on the front fender. Looked very nice and original, completely restored.
Nodded an waved at the light, he didn't look to interested so I went on about my drive. Got to the speed limit (55), and he jetted out in front of me a little, that big block scream sounded good.
So I did the same and we lined up going about 60. He dropped a gear, so I threw it in 3rd. Gave him the 'you go first' hand motion, he hit it, so did I.
Immediately jumped about a car through 3rd, hit 4th and it was all tailights for him. Guess the KB was more than he could bear.
Tried to slow down and pull off, but as soon as he let out he turned off to go home as well.
I loved it, a classic, racing the retro-version of a classic it would have been racing in the late 60's.
Wonder how many shakers that thing has seen pass it over the years, lol.

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
Nice race, that must have been fun.

You never know what your getting into with those old classic cars, either it sounds great but doesn't have much in the speed department, or they outright ruin lives! built 400+ CI motors sprayin 200 shots etc, you never know.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Sweet! I ran a '70 GTO 454 HO with a big cam and exhaust from a 10-100mph roll. If I hadn't been supercharged he would have walked me. If anyone wants to try his luck against old school muscle cars, cruisin Ocean City, Md is coming up in May.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Nice nostalgia run. The car you ran sounds like my uncle's old Camaro. He had a '68.

Sneaky01Snake

Established Member
Sweet! I ran a '70 GTO 454 HO with a big cam and exhaust from a 10-100mph roll. If I hadn't been supercharged he would have walked me. If anyone wants to try his luck against old school muscle cars, cruisin Ocean City, Md is coming up in May.

ive always heard crusin ocean city is pretty sweet!

good kill op! those '67's sure look great, hard to beat

Stinger2011

Established Member
Nice Kill. I would love to race an old muscle car like that one day. There's a guy with a nice, old Barricuda around here that looks pretty nice. Would like to see what it's got in it one day.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Was driving home from work came to a stop light with a Orange with Black stripes Camaro SS, with a 396 badge on the front fender. Looked very nice and original, completely restored.
Nodded an waved at the light, he didn't look to interested so I went on about my drive. Got to the speed limit (55), and he jetted out in front of me a little, that big block scream sounded good.
So I did the same and we lined up going about 60. He dropped a gear, so I threw it in 3rd. Gave him the 'you go first' hand motion, he hit it, so did I.
Immediately jumped about a car through 3rd, hit 4th and it was all tailights for him. Guess the KB was more than he could bear.
Tried to slow down and pull off, but as soon as he let out he turned off to go home as well.
I loved it, a classic, racing the retro-version of a classic it would have been racing in the late 60's.
Wonder how many shakers that thing has seen pass it over the years, lol.

What are your mods? Im on tapatalk so I cant see your sig. Nice kill by the way

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using a android phone

Users who are viewing this thread