03 Mach 1 v.s ...a Honda Element??!?!

03CrazyHorse

Just a GT with stickers..
Established Member
its just as stupid as it sounds.

I was sitting at a light on 17 and Honda Element pulls up and rolls down his window. I figured he was gonna ask about the hood scoop or something so i roll down my window. The guy is about 40 - 45 years old and has this huge grin on his face. He came right out and asked me if i wanted to go when teh light went green. I asked him if he was kidding and he laughed at me and continued to tell me that i was "just afriad he would woops my pu$$tang". i rolle dmy window up and payed him no attention. The light went green and he "took off", i didnt. he slows and gets behind me a get right on my as* until the next light where he gets back next to me. This light turns green and he nails it again. So i was a little upset and nail it too and obvious leave him WAY behind. At the next light he pulls up next me and say "wow thats a strong v6" :dw: apparently, the badges on the sides fooled him. Hopefully he wont be messing with any more Mustangs anytime soon. :nonono:

WhistlePig

Bedroom Gangsta
Established Member
Its surprising how many people can't tell the difference between the different types of mustangs out there...its not THAT hard. WTF is up with people trying to race in cars that have no sense in being raced. I just beat a toyota van not 5 minutes ago.
GOOD KILL!!!

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
That reminds me of this one night, driving home from work at 2am, this middle aged guy in a minivan rolls up on the side of me... I didn't pay him much attention till he started creeping up the light, then gunned it when it turned green... I watched him take off... obviously he didn't get too far in that junk, then dumped it and tore past him like he was on a sunday drive... then settled at the speed limit of 50. He comes cruising by me, and keeps going... I stayed with him a bit just curious, till he got up to like 90.

Guys buy a van with 240hp and think they are fast because the commercial says "NOW WITH 240 HORSE POWER, THE ALL NEW ASTRO! IT'LL KEEP YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT!"

Last edited:

CaDDy

Banned
lol stuff like that happens wayyy to often. Time to hijack
The other day i was going home from school in my Deville when some hot :bowdown: MILF :bowdown: starts revving her Lexus SUV 300?? at me. I blow a kiss at her and she takes off. I punch it, she already has a car on me she beats me to the merging point then pulls in her driveway :uh oh:

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
lol, i actually had a van try to race me. not to sound big headed but i think they just wanna hear the exhaust or see the car in action, thats my assumption

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
I'm so tired of people with minivans, hondas, station wagons wanting to race and the funny part is that most of the time it's on my way to work at 5:30 a.m. when I'm still half asleep...

91tbird

Established Member
WhistlePig said:
Its surprising how many people can't tell the difference between the different types of mustangs out there...its not THAT hard. WTF is up with people trying to race in cars that have no sense in being raced. I just beat a toyota van not 5 minutes ago.
GOOD KILL!!!

I hope your not talking about beating the van inyour truck...else your a hypocrit yourself...

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Sounds like that guy knew nothing about cars. I'm sure he could hear your car with that offroad x, and he still thought it was a V6 somehow. Oh well, I guess that's why he drives a honda element, because he really doesn't know any better.

Crazycarl

Established Member
u think u guys get ur car mistaken for something slow?.....us SVT Contour guys get it constantly....but it is fun seeing the suprised faces of the people who see what a good Tour can do .

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
CATMACH said:
I've had my black Mach called a v6 before, it didn't bother me one bit.

People who drive GTO's probably have the same feeling. They know alot people out there are bashing it for it's "bland" style and etc..... When you get in one, strap up, and hear the exhaust at the crank your percerption of it probably changes with the quickness.

Peace

66sprint6

Blown Inliner (soon)
Established Member
91tbird,
Diesel performance is becoming more and more popular. With a lift and a banks exhaust, it seems he isnt trying to be a run of the mill truck. There will never be minivan performance...ever, but there are quite a few quick diesels out there
Matt

99GTvert

Established Member
MOTIV8 said:
crazycarl...i love my car too...people get so bewildered when a contour blows their doors off...priceless :D
Just curious because I have never seen one run. What will they do in the 1/4?

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I drive a black Mach and get a TON of positive comments on it. It does look a little more subdued than the other bright colors, but the black sleeper look makes it look very agressive.
Of note however, I do have my shaker lifted an inch and chrome CobraJet emblems on it, so that in itself catches everyones eye right away... not to mention it sound mean :fm:

I have had so many people creeping around my car, looking at it, looking in it, too many compliments to count and so many thumbs up from everyone.
Old ladies, very young kids, tons of bikers, ricers, cops, an old fella that looks like Mr Rogers... I'm not saying I drive around like a celebrity or anything.. it just seems to make alot of people happy when they see it.

So I can't say I've ever been mistaken for a V6...
I have had wierd people try to race me, yes... but that doesn't mean they think they can beat me.

03CrazyHorse

Just a GT with stickers..
Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
Sounds like that guy knew nothing about cars. I'm sure he could hear your car with that offroad x, and he still thought it was a V6 somehow. Oh well, I guess that's why he drives a honda element, because he really doesn't know any better.

Ive had this happen a few times, alot more before the X went on. With the pipe the car is pretty loud. In his defense i was at idle at a red light, but still the shaker should have tipped him off. If i had an Element i wouldnt even look at other driver in fear that someone would recognize me :rolling:

WhistlePig

Bedroom Gangsta
Established Member
91tbird,
I know my truck isn't fast...yet. I also don't go around trying to race mustangs or camaros or whatever. I know my truck wasn't meant for racing so thats not what I use it for except on special occasions...like this time with the van. And yes, I am planning on upgrading my turbo diesel in the near future with an intake, performance chip, upgraded turbo, larger injectors, etc. as soon as I can bring in some $$$. Of course this will only happen if I can't get into a lightning or cobra this summer!!! :banana:

Last edited:

thenoz

SHUT THE F*CK UP CHARLES
Established Member
WhistlePig said:
91tbird,
I know my truck isn't fast...yet. I also don't go around trying to race mustangs or camaros or whatever. I know my truck wasn't meant for racing so thats not what I use it for except on special occasions...like this time with the van. And yes, I am planning on upgrading my turbo diesel in the near future with an intake, performance chip, upgraded turbo, larger injectors, etc. as soon as I can bring in some $$$. Of course this will only happen if I can't get into a lightning or cobra this summer!!! :banana:

dude i think modified diesel trucks are sick. i was out at the drag strip one time and some guy had one and he pulled the front end up off the line and ran like a 12 something. it was insane.

Users who are viewing this thread