03 Mach 1 Eaton swap Help!

03CobraJet

Established Member
I want to do an Eaton swap on my 03 Mach 1. I was wondering if anybody here that has done it if you could give me a list of parts that I need to do the swap and make it work. Thanks, I appreciate any advice.

snkevenom

Established Member
+1 its basicly every thing you will need to do it on a 99-01 cobra too much work to get some hp and even if you did after a few runs out of the eaton it turns in to a hair dryer

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
(6312) Crank pulley /Harmonic Balancer
(6312B) Supercharger Crank drive pulley
(8678A) Pulley w/mount Replaces stk. alt. Pulley on 99-01 Cobra’s and 03/04 Mach 1’s
(6B209B) Pulley bridge assembly for S.C. (bracket, 2 idlers, tensioner)
(8678B) Idler pulley,timing cover pass. side
pulley, timing cover drivers side
(6D080) Timing cover
(10A313) Upper alternator bracket
(10153) Lower alternator bracket
(10346) Alternator
1U2Z-14S411-TA Electrical connector (alt. to harmness )
(6B209A) Tensioner on timing cover
(8260) Radiator hose
(8A593) Radiator hose
(8K576) Radiator hose
(8548) Water cross over pipe
(6881) Cobra oil cooler adapter
(6A642) Cobra Oil cooler
(9002) Cobra fuel tank
(9H307) Cobra fuel pump
(6F066) Eaton supercharger
(9424) Lower intake
(6K775) Garrett factory intercooler
3U2Z-14S411-SSA IAT2 sensor connector
(9H308A) Intercooler hard lines that hug the block
(9N491A) Intercooler hard lines that come from the h/e
(9L443A) Intercooler line that goes from the i/c adapter to i/c res.
(9L443B) Intercooler line that goes from the i/c adapter to the hard lines that hug the block
(9L443C) Intercooler line that goes from the hard line against the block to i/c pump
(9L443D) Intercooler line that goes from hard line to hard line
(9L443E) Intercooler line that goes from hard line from h/e to i/c pump
(9L443F) Intercooler line that goes from hard line and connects to h/e
(9L443G) Intercooler line that goes from hard line and connects to h/e
(8501) Ford / Bosche water pump for intercooler
(8N500) Intercooler pump bracket
(8K226) Factory heat exchanger
(8A193) Heat exchanger mounting bracket
(8C386) 2each bracket clamps for h/e
(9N491B) Lower manifold to intercooler water adapter
(9A589) Plenum
DELETED TB SAME AS MACH
(9B659) Intake tube from maf to t/b.
(9F715) IAC valve
(9F593) Injectors
(6F089) Boost bypass actuator
(9A825) Cruise control cable
(9A758) Throttle cable
(9728) Throttle and cruise control cable mounting bracket
(12B579) MAF
(9D475) EGR valve
(9D477) EGR tube
(6C324) PCV tubing
(9F479) Sensor on the back of the S/C
(9J432) Bracket for vacuum stuff on left side of the S/C
(9H465) Vacuum stuff
(9J459) Vacuum stuff
(9J460) Vacuum stuff
(9E498) Hose's or tube cluster of connectors for the vacuum parts above
(9F670) IAC gasket
(6020) Timing cover gasket LH side
(6020) Timing cover gasket middle
(6020) Timing cover gasket RH side
(9H486) Intercooler to S.C. gasket
(9L437) Plenum to S/C gasket
(9D476) EGR gasket
ADDED:
Power steering resevoir bracket.
I/C resivoir tank
i/c pigtail
S/C 8 rib belt
inner acc. belt.

not to mention all the hardware your going to need, some you can only get from Ford in Detroit.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Theres A LOT of stuff you will need. Your better off buying a procharger or a vortech.

Not true.

Man thats a lot of stuff. Thanks

Yes, it is, but it can all be had at once from a Turbo Terminator. When they swap to a turbo, every part they take off is what you will need. IMO doing an Eaton swap is the only option if you want to run a positive displacement blower on a non teminator 4v car. The KB is WAY over priced, not too mention you are limited to a 2.1. Doing an Eaton swap opens up all the options to you such as the 2.6 and 2.8 KB and any of the Whipples.

BTW, make your way over to the Mach 1 Registry, there are atleast 3 or 4 Mach's that frequent that site who have done the swap and there is a thread over there on it with all the info you will ever need.

tr04mach

Established Member
Great swap, i'm loving mine but definitely expect to put some time in looking for parts. Well worth it for me. Numbers and mods are in my signature, the instant torque is great. Look on mach 1 registry, they have lots of info about the swap here http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71833 I spent less than 2k tuned for my whole swap including cobra fuel setup. Can't beat it in my opinion. Gives you endless possibilities to upgrade later.

Last edited:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Great swap, i'm loving mine but definitely expect to put some time in looking for parts. Well worth it for me. Numbers and mods are in my signature, the instant torque is great. Look on mach 1 registry, they have lots of info about the swap here http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71833 I spent less than 2k tuned for my whole swap including cobra fuel setup. Can't beat it in my opinion. Gives you endless possibilities to upgrade later.

Did i ask you how you mounted the shaker on Mach1Registry?

Im under Got03mach1

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
Just another + for the swap. Can't beat the price I have to say for boost. And actually, I found that the hardware wasn't quite as much as I thought you'd need. A lot can be reused. Just need to make sure to get the random ones that you'll definately need, or that will make the swap easier.

Sharkster

Established Member
Not true.

Yes, it is, but it can all be had at once from a Turbo Terminator. When they swap to a turbo, every part they take off is what you will need. IMO doing an Eaton swap is the only option if you want to run a positive displacement blower on a non teminator 4v car. The KB is WAY over priced, not too mention you are limited to a 2.1. Doing an Eaton swap opens up all the options to you such as the 2.6 and 2.8 KB and any of the Whipples.

BTW, make your way over to the Mach 1 Registry, there are atleast 3 or 4 Mach's that frequent that site who have done the swap and there is a thread over there on it with all the info you will ever need.

WRONG Most of what is listed will not be just given to you by a termie owner doing a swap. You will swap and end up shelling out a lot of cash to the termie owner as well. Some of those things wont even be taken off of the termie period as the termie will still need them

WDW MKR

Established Member
WRONG Most of what is listed will not be just given to you by a termie owner doing a swap. You will swap and end up shelling out a lot of cash to the termie owner as well. Some of those things wont even be taken off of the termie period as the termie will still need them

See some of the posts above from folks who have done the swap. Guys generally spend $2-3K. The hardest pieces to get from the 03/04 Cobra owner are usually the timing cover, alternator, oil cooler, and crank damper. All of these parts are readily available if you can't get them in the swap. The key is to not buy an incomplete setup for a "deal". Make sure items like hardware and brackets are included. You'll also need the 0/304 Cobra damper if you want to run the stock crank pulley.

sandbaggersteve

Established Member
I have all the parts you need to do the swap...pm me if you want to work something out. I'm going turbo and have the extra parts you will be needing that I wont be taking off. But then again I would like to get some of your parts as well.

Last edited:

Sharkster

Established Member
See some of the posts above from folks who have done the swap. Guys generally spend $2-3K. The hardest pieces to get from the 03/04 Cobra owner are usually the timing cover, alternator, oil cooler, and crank damper. All of these parts are readily available if you can't get them in the swap. The key is to not buy an incomplete setup for a "deal". Make sure items like hardware and brackets are included. You'll also need the 0/304 Cobra damper if you want to run the stock crank pulley.
Really depends on which turbo kit the 03/04 guy is running. There are a bunch of parts like the timing cover, damper etc that wont need to be pulled off of the car.
When we did my swap I went ahead and did a full swap out to help the guy out.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Dont do it man i mean when it's complete it's really cool but i looked into it it's around $4000. i mean for $4500 you can get a procharger kit with the P1SC blower or a Vortech kit with the new V3-SQ head unit or a Kenne-bell 2.1L Twin Screw with the 7# pulley instead of the 5# just get it tuned at Alternative Auto, Modular Powerhouse or anybody who knows the biness !!!

WDW MKR

Established Member
Dont do it man i mean when it's complete it's really cool but i looked into it it's around $4000. i mean for $4500 you can get a procharger kit with the P1SC blower or a Vortech kit with the new V3-SQ head unit or a Kenne-bell 2.1L Twin Screw with the 7# pulley instead of the 5# just get it tuned at Alternative Auto, Modular Powerhouse or anybody who knows the biness !!!

If the OP wants a PD blower, the 2.1L Kenne Bell is limited. Installation of an 03/04 Cobra setup presents tons of options for upgrades down the road. Running 7psig on a twin screw will not quench the power cravings forever.

Users who are viewing this thread