03 Mach 1 1/8- Why So Slow??

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
First time at the track with my new 03 Mach 1-Best Time is as follows

60- 2.28
1/8- 9.15
mph-79.99

Mods are JLT Intake and Diablo Sport Tune with some bald ass Sumotumo tires on the back. This just seems way off pace of what other people have been running on this site.

The run was in south Florida at IRR, temp was in the 70's.

Just for comparison i have run a 9.66@74 with a 98 GT at the same track with minimal mods.

Also I have run a 9.2@81 with my old SRT-4 bone stock.
I thought the Mach would have run way better.

Any thoughts on this??

Venimus03

Established Member
One is your 2.28 60'. Go back with some sticky tires and give us an update. Also what are you shifting at? Are you sure your not short shifting at all?

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
I was shifting at 6200 base on a recommendation. I know a better 60ft would net a better time, BUT.... 79mph for my trap speed seems way to low. My old SRT-4 with just a cat back exhaust was traping 81 at the same track. What gives?

Also, should I shift at a hight RPM to net a better time? I know fuel cut-off is at 7050.

Thanks!!

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
LOL!!! Thanks. :) It was my first time running this car at the track.

I know it has more in it, but it wasnt like I was spinning terribly out of the hole. What concerns me is the trap speed.

Venimus03

Established Member
I was shifting at 6200 base on a recommendation. I know a better 60ft would net a better time, BUT.... 79mph for my trap speed seems way to low. My old SRT-4 with just a cat back exhaust was traping 81 at the same track. What gives?

Also, should I shift at a hight RPM to net a better time? I know fuel cut-off is at 7050.

Thanks!!
6200 in an n/a mach1? Wind that sucka out!! What does that thing redline at, like 6700 or something? Try shifting there....

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Do you post of M1R? Just wondering if you were the same guy that reported timing issues (power loss) on the dyno...

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
Yeah, stock gearing. The car is pretty much stock with the exception of the JLT Intake and Diablo Tune.

So pretty much the general consensus is I need to wind it out more (6700??) and I need the driver mod... LOL

Whats considered a good 1/8 mile et for a mach with my mods?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
i think u need more practice. powershift that b!otch

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
That's not far off with stock gears but also what are you launching at? Even with street tires you should be seeing a much better 60ft. Launch up in the 4k range but that takes practice to master.

Duran

Matador
Established Member
Predator tunes suck! I had one on my Cobra for a while when I had only intake and exhaust and it ran slow! Get a Amazon tune. You pay 175 for life time of tunes. You just email him your mods and he emails you back a tune. You do more mods, email him the new mods and he sends you an updated tune with your new mods. Its great! My car runs alot better after I did that! Just my .02 cents.

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
Launching @ 4k with bald street tires=Even worse 60ft.

The Predator tune really didnt seem to help.

I originaly bought it for my old 98 GT with an auto. I really like the fact that you can adjust the shift pressure on the auto to firm things up. With that car it made a huge difference. Not so much with the Mach...

Ratchet

Established Member
Yeah, that seems kinda, well... slow. I was getting 8.7's @ 83MPH in my geared GT on street tires with a 2.05 60'....

white2001cobra

Established Member
i think u need more practice. powershift that b!otch

be very careful if you powershift. That tranny is a POS! Its a 3650 Tremec. They are VERY brittle!! My 01' cobra which is very similar to your car was running 8.7- 8.8 in the 1/8 and it was bone stock with the factory tires. I was 60' around a 2.0

Last edited:

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
I really think the car has 8's in it as-is, even without powershifting.

From what Ive gathered I was just majorly short-shifting, which really affected my time. Coming from a GT where theres no power after 5200, you really have to rethink your driving with a 4v. Ive gotta wind it out!

Updated times to follow..

Users who are viewing this thread