03 Kenne Belle on dyno

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
I see he was running 103 octane? Do all Kenny Bell 03's have to run 103?

thanks,
Crowley

03Steve

Established Member
WOW!!! Very impressive, BUT:

I think the car has major belt slip. Listen to the blower tone around 5000 RPM. Look at the dyno graph. The tq and hp are dropping off much too early. Tell homie to squeeze on a bit smaller belt, and see what happens!!! :beer:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
No offense man but like 03Steve said, those numbers are falling off way too early. The tone of your VID drops like Steve said. I see you have the idlers so its probably a loose brlt causing belt slip like steve said. Here's an example of a nice flat HP/TQ curve, running stock injectors, 15lbs, stock TB on 92 Octane:

Red = Eaton with 2.80

Blue = KB with 15lb pulley

Last edited:

hantzis

Established Member
Re: Re: 03 Kenne Bell Cobra on dyno

Originally posted by RDSZ
Cool. How much boost is he running?:beer:

He was running 20psi of boost. I think he does have a belt slip problem and is working on it.

Glad you guys liked the vid.

Dean :)

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by 03Steve
WOW!!! Very impressive, BUT:

I think the car has major belt slip. Listen to the blower tone around 5000 RPM. Look at the dyno graph. The tq and hp are dropping off much too early. Tell homie to squeeze on a bit smaller belt, and see what happens!!! :beer:
Yeah you can hear the engine keep revving but the blower whine wasn't going up with it at the end. Spooled the roller up quickly.:)

AMB

Established Member
KB Dyno Pull

I was trying out a tune for 15psi on the 20psi boost. I have a BELT slipping problem and the A/F ratio was too lean. I sense got a new tune by JMS/Fordchip/Superchip. It came out to 570 SAERWHP at 6000RPMs before the belt started to sread. This was done on JBAs dyno, witch is about 40SAERWHP less than the DynoShop's dyno, with the same boost etc.

AMB

notch3o2

i8urmama
Established Member
YEA THAT WAS THE FIRST thing i notcied that the blower whine peaked then dropped off while the motor was still screaming

stangin

Established Member
Yeah, look at the dyno graph.. mine stays pretty much the same straight across the graph, no drop off. I fixed my belt slip with a larger upper 3.25 and the 8 lb Metco lower. My KB is loud as well, my exhaust is not loud enough to drown it out, but I have added a Steeda/Borla since so I dont know how it will sound until I dyno again.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Yeah, I was there when AMB pulled 570 on JBA's Dyno, so he's probably over 600 rwhp now, 03snake your setup is exactedly what I am going for, I would be very happy with that.

Users who are viewing this thread