03 kenne bell cobra vs 09 cobalt SS

Camcobra1989

Established Member
Ok so here's the deal well first off I haven't raced this guy in my 03 cobra. But last year when I had my 98 cobra that put down 290 rwhp he just bought his 09 cobalt turbo SS and we raced three times from a 30 roll and I beat him badly each time 5 cars easy and was still pulling away. When anyway after that he put some money into it and got a nasty tune and put down about 330 whp and we went again and he got me pretty good. Well I ended up selling my 98 cobra before I deployed and I just recently got back and he's already started trash talking saying how he's pushing 26 psi with pretty much every bolt on and he's pushing 380whp and I just bought a 03 cobra kenne bell 2.2 and I put down 591hp and 552tq and he's still talking all this shit saying that hell still smoke me but he keeps making excuses not to race and still talking about how godly his car is to everybody and that hell smoke me but always backs out.. I just wanna know if his car with his mods now pushing 380whp can hang with my cobra. Since I can't get this duesche to race. Just wondering what you guys think?

99 BIG RED

Established Member
If I were you I wouldn't bother with him, but hey I'm me so I would actually find out where he lives an do some awesome burn outs in front of his driveway. Maybe then he will grow the stones to race.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
You could race him in reverse and he still wouldnt have a chance in hell. Its a fail wheel drive econobox

Camcobra1989

Established Member
Yeah I'm really not to worried about him. My 98 cobra wasn't that fast so I could care less if he beat that car. It's just a little annoying when he talks all that crap and won't race. I'm very confident I would kill him lol I just wanna finally get the chance to embarrass him lol some butnouts in his driveway might work but my tires aren't worth his little cobalt lol

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
just an fyi they arent Honda slow... My buddy has one ive ran a lot, he makes mid 300 hp, but close to 500 ft/lbs tq. He has a larger wheel and cams though. There no chance it makes 380 with bolt ons, i dont think race gas would get you there either. The guy I just mentioned has ran meth/race gas/e85/pump, it wont make those numbers without spray and on stock motor it would be pushing it. BUT, if its set up right and hes sandbagging a little, it may be closer than youd think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkpO1dFazlw

Last edited:

Camcobra1989

Established Member
And yeah I'm pretty sure he just has bolt ons. I do know for sure he has a hell of a tune. He has basically no turbo lag. The things spooling at like 2000 rpms

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
And yeah I'm pretty sure he just has bolt ons. I do know for sure he has a hell of a tune. He has basically no turbo lag. The things spooling at like 2000 rpms

yes, on e85 he pulls me but im a measly Mach 1. I think your covered no matter what :) Just giving the cars some respect, I wouldnt start in 4th or something from a low roll just planning on toying with him.

Camcobra1989

Established Member
Lol Mach 1s are. Nice man I love their look.. And yeah I gained alot of respect for those things after the first time we raced and he got a good tune and that thing pulled alot harder than I expected. But than again I was in my 98 cobra than. So I'm not worried unless he did some major major work on it. And lol I don't plan on toying with him Id rather get it over with quick

Payne Racing 67

Established Member
OP...first of all, unless he's big turbo he can't be making more than 360whp tops, that's with e85. Without he's still only making 330whp. 2nd, he's going to spin badly which gives you more advantage. I ran a 400awhp evo8 last week and put 5-6 cars on him from a 40 roll, still pulling when he let out. Youll rape the slowbalt.

Last edited:

RicerEater2012

Thread Destroyer
Established Member
If I were you I wouldn't bother with him, but hey I'm me so I would actually find out where he lives an do some awesome burn outs in front of his driveway. Maybe then he will grow the stones to race.
haha I like that.

There was a diesel running around my town claiming it ran low 11's and would eat my buddies bolt on 08 GT (he wouldn't every trash talk my car for some reason) but we couldn't ever get him to race.

So we found out where he lived and did fly by's and burnouts. Finally he understood why we was doing that and we ended up racing. My friends car beat the truck by about 6 bus lengths and my friends car only ran high 12's. lmao.

OP just start messing with him like he messed with you before. Stir that pot a little with him and get him so mad his pride/anger will take over and he'll race you. You shouldn't have a problem out running him like others have said.

Last edited:

72SBC

Established Member
If people did burn outs and other stupid things in front if my house I wouldn't want to race, I'd want to fight, that's just disrespectful to everyone else in the area and not just to him. Gives people in motorsports a bad name. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread