03 info from SVT

eddy z

Established Member
I had a great fact finding talk with SVT today.... Here are some basics on the talk.... First production run will be under 4000 units. 60% will be coupes. 40% will be verts... Cars are being produced by the number not the exterior color... First run will be completed through June..... This run even though is an 03 is condisered from a "Production" planning standpoint an 2002.5... Once the factory re opens again to complete the balance (production)of cobras in Sept... two colors are dropped and added, as this is considered th true 03 "Production" planning run... Hence, as you are aware at the end of one year and start of a new year changes occur, usually with stoppage of one color and add of a new color.. As a result. the mineral grey is dropped and replaced with the Shadow Grey ( same color to be found on the 02 Harley F150 truck that is 340hp 3.73 gears, and Supercharged with the 5.4, now could this be the forerunner engine with more HP for future Cobras to come????) Then the red will be dropped and replaced with a darker red as well.... Also SVT advised, When the second run starts in Sept., those cars will be delivered late Sept into Oct for the first orders.... Prodcution will cont. into late Summer of 2003 and build as needed or if they hit there limit of total production numbers... They are going to produce around 9,000 thru 10,000 units on that second, with a total production of around less than 14,000 total units for the 03 model... Getting back to the M Grey stoppage, the SVT rep thought this color would be considered a semi rare color scheme as limited amount will be produced...

Well, we are all just waiting for our new toy... Who said Xmas does not come in the summer months??

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
Great Info.... I am glad I will be one of those with a Mineral Grey Coupe. I had to fight off buying a GT 6 months ago when the 0% financing was available and it looks like my waiting will pay off... I guess those with Mineral Grey Verts will be really rare....

wildosvt

Established Member
Where I work we build the dashboards (instrument panels or IP's) and on the Mustang line they were making 700 special "prototypes" so this could be the first run of the 03's on monday...(I work for Ford) The only weird part is I was told all the panels built were supposed to be Yellow cars though?Maybe I was told wrong but the 700 is for sure....:beer:

Rob03

Established Member
Hmmmm...isn't everyone's dashboard the same color? I guess those dashboards would fit in any of the cars....Isn't the only difference the seat insert color?

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

wildosvt

Established Member
No there are 3 different colors..Tan-light graphite and dark graphite or "black".

I just rechecked on on the 03 cobra they do have the same color.dash:bash:

Last edited:

wildosvt

Established Member
Originally posted by eddy z
what are these special 700 (dash boards) p-types you are refering too??
It is another way at our plant that this isnt normal production parts....And they wont take a whole day for some normal p-types because we have to keep up with the assembly plant.Maybe 20 parts would be built as a test part ,but normally no more then that.

Users who are viewing this thread