'03 HS on a N/A '01

Black_Sunshine

Established Member
Hey fellas. I recently bought '03 half-shafts for the "01. I will not be installing them for a few more weeks. However, I am aware that Raxles will have some available in mid-May. Now I am considering waiting til then and selling my '03 HS and buying Raxles.

Here is my question--Will '03 HS be OK with a N/A '01 and slicks and a decent RPM launch around 2500. Of course we all know that it is NOT IF, but WHEN they will break. I will not be an every weekend dragger, thought. Well, I say that now.

So, should I just wait for the Raxles, or stay with the '03s that i got for a good price.

PS. Anyone interested in the '03 HS if I go with the Raxles?

Peace...B_S

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Two things..

1.) I think the 03 shafts are pretty good, I have friends that run on them and have been running them with ET Streets for many many 1/4 mile passes with no problem.. So put these on a car making less TQ and I can't see it being a problem. So it's a good investment I think either way.

2.) Raxles used to only make 28 spline HS, so you might want to see if they are making 31 spline.. GKN/UTS will and did make both 28/31 spline.. Those will be out soon too!

SLOWBRA

Established Member
ET streets are slicks with lines in them..

Not even close to a DR :)

Check out Mickey Thompson's site.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
The only time I've seen '03 axles break was this past tuesday, a guy out here was runnin slicks (w/ KB Blowzilla swap, full exhaust) I think he was makin over 500 at the wheels, so if you're below that, you're probably in pretty good shape.

Users who are viewing this thread