03 Help

Mac25

Established Member
I have a 97 snake but have been looking for a 03-04 for awhile. I found a black 03 cobra with 120 miles on it. They are asking 32,000. At first I was thinking no way I could have bought one for that price when they came out...However, I have seen 03's with 20,000 + go for 29,000 around my area. My concern is this car was built in 02. The motor has not been run that much and I have read a little about the "tick" in the early motors. This car is out of warrantee. You opinions are welcomed. Thanks all.

fr03cobra

Established Member
i would run a car fax on it check for owners and mileage roll back . is it at a dealer or private seller? even though it has 120 miles on it it's fixing to be 3yrs old and no warranty. I would offer them 29k.

BlackSabbath

Established Member
Run a carfax and OASIS report on the car first. Keep in mind that depending on when the car was purchased, it might be out of warranty already.

Is this for sale by a dealer or private party? An 03 with that kind of mileage is very uncommon to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
I bet you're talking about the one at Black's. If so, they won't do you wrong. I've bought 4 rides from them (see sig for the latest) and they are stand-up guys. As always, definitely get an Oasis for the car history and see if they had Jake (Lamotta's Performance) look it over. You might be able to talk them down on the price a bit, but there's a pretty sweet black 03 with 23000 miles for sale there too. :beer:

(...and get 'em to throw in some of the leather conditioner they use too... GREAT stuff! :-D )

Last edited:

Mac25

Established Member
Yes, its the one at Blacks. The price seems a little too high with no warrantee....It's good to hear positive things about the place where you want to buy from though. What are you doing in San Diego? Military? I was going to run the normal carfax. Then start making my list for mods.....

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Mac25 said:
Yes, its the one at Blacks. The price seems a little too high with no warrantee....It's good to hear positive things about the place where you want to buy from though. What are you doing in San Diego? Military? I was going to run the normal carfax. Then start making my list for mods.....
Yeah, I'd definitely try and talk them down a little. Carfax is good, but grab the VIN and have a local Ford dealer run an Oasis on it too. Heck... it's free. :) Haha, I had a mod list before I had the car too. :D

Nope, not military. I'm a merchant marine engineer who works with them though. Out here in "sunny" SoCal waiting on a ship assignment.

duckfood

SVT03
Established Member
Mac25 said:
I have a 97 snake but have been looking for a 03-04 for awhile. I found a black 03 cobra with 120 miles on it. They are asking 32,000. At first I was thinking no way I could have bought one for that price when they came out...However, I have seen 03's with 20,000 + go for 29,000 around my area. My concern is this car was built in 02. The motor has not been run that much and I have read a little about the "tick" in the early motors. This car is out of warrantee. You opinions are welcomed. Thanks all.

I am in GA. When I was searching, I found a red 2003 at a dealer. Their original asking price was 32,000. It had 251 miles of it. I had done my research and told him that I would consider 27,000 but 32,000 was outrageous even for 251miles. I walked out and the guy called me back at least ten times. Eventually, we got the price down to 25,000 before tax, tag etc. I thought that was a pretty good price. This negotiation went on for about two weeks.

Initially he wouldnt budge from 32,000. But, I just keep in communication with the guy and let him know I was interested and still looking. I just stayed patient. I actually found a black one that I loved--always wanted black. I was pretty torn between the two until I went back to the dealer for of the red 03, one last time to see if I could decide. Granted, I was taking awhile to decide; but another salesman really made me angry--so I just left and went back to the other dealer and got the black 03.

Users who are viewing this thread