03 GT vert windshield replacement = leak

cgjohnst

Hey guys,

I have a 2003 Mustang GT Convertible. I have never experienced any leaks before until about a month ago when I had my windshield replaced. The leak isn't horrible, but it's enough to soak my floorboards. It only leaks when the car is sitting still. The leak seems to be just above the side mirrors on both sides. I took it back to the windshield place who looked at it for two hours. The mechanics brought me outside to put the top down and let them look at the top. When I was out there, they told me the leak was definitely from just above the side mirrors and they couldn't figure it out. When the manager came up to me after they were done and told me they could not fix it, she told me that it was a problem with the convertible top and it wasn't their fault. Obviously she was trying to cover for the company, but she did give me the number of a guy from a company called Water Doctors out here in North Carolina. He is going to take a look at it on Tuesday and said he has had very good luck with my type of car. Has anyone else experienced issues with convertibles leaking from this area after a windshield replacement? Thanks guys.

cgjohnst

So I had it fixed today and I'm pretty excited. I won't be trading it in for 2014 v6 anymore. For anyone that has a similar problem, this is how we fixed it:

Resealed all trimming on the sides and top of the windshield
Tightened the convertible top hooks (they had loosened a good bit over the years)
Raised the passenger door window (had fallen a little in the front and did not seal properly)
Lastly on the metal part that surrounds the windshield...on the top of the driver's side metal there is a hole covered with some sort of silver covering. That had come loose and was not covering the hole. We resealed that as well

All of that and the leak is finally done. No more trading in and it's time to order my catback, gears, and tuner :)

Users who are viewing this thread