'03 GT electrical problem..ugh

2k3gt

Established Member
So yesterday I drove my car over to my friend's house, no problem. Tried to start it the next morning and nothing...just a "click..click" then it wouldn't even click anymore. We tried to jump it, but that only mustered a few "clicks" before it wouldn't even make a sound. We checked fuses, cleaned the terminals, and checked the charge on the battery and none of that seemed to help, everything looked fine. At this point, I have absolutely no idea where to even start looking. The car is getting *some* power, as the dome light will turn on for a few seconds and the starter will at least "click" sometimes when I turn the key. Any advice as to what I can do would be greatly appreciated, as I'm sure a lot you guys know more about this than I do. Thanks in advance :beer:

no1sirbutler

Established Member
what is the odometer doin when you try to start it? is the security light flashing? if the odometer is all dashes and the sec light is flashing sounds like you need the PATS reflashed. also do you hear the fuel pump kick on?

330mach1

Established Member
i doubt the pats is the problem, it would still crank if it was the pats. my first thought would be battery try jumping it, second though is starter.

2k3gt

Established Member
We tried jumping it and putting it on a battery charger. When that didn't work, we checked the battery with a voltmeter and it was fully charged, so that wasn't the problem. I'll have to look into that PATS thing, as I'm not very familiar with it. If worse comes to worse, we'll have the throw it on a flatbed and take it to our mechanic...just hope it won't cost too much. Thanks everyone for the responses.

Users who are viewing this thread