03 GT and 125 shot, could it handle it?

spike_africa

Established Member
Brad03GT said:
haha, a motor doesn't have a certain "level" of hp that it can handle. People have blown cars makin around 420-430 and use them as d.d.'s and they'll last, while others will blow up around 360 hp like mine did. It all depends on the motor, the rpms it turns, and how often it is beaten on. I went through 15 lbs of n2o a week with a 100 for about 7-8 months. When it let go, it wasn't even due to the n2o, it was the oil pump.

Dude its common knowledge that the stock 2v is safe for right around 400rwhp, that is all i am trying to stress.

Last edited:

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
ChrisP14 said:
nice set of cars you got there. wow 150 shot i figured that would send the 2v motor packin. what do your hp/tq look like?

Thanks.

The GT ran a 358rwhp/444rwtq on a Dyno dynamics. It is the wifes DD from May-Oct. so it has to be running right.

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
ChrisP14 said:
impressive #'s. makes for a nice sleeper

Sure does. Especially with the sweet little wife behind the wheel. Then a quick purge and bang she is gone. LOL, caught quite a few people off guard.

So when are you getting your shot of gas!

Brad03GT

Established Member
ChrisP14 said:
alright cool then ill try and take it off your hands by the end of the week. thanks
I won't have the car back for a while, and I still need to find a stock intake to replace it 1st...

Chris's Cobra

Shredder
Established Member
i have a 02 saleen with a eaton m90 blower and a 150 pop :) and im on my second motor... i would stay below the 400 mark to be on the safe side.. and the focus pumps only take about 45 minutes to do....

whitestang04GT

I Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
I've had 160 shot Noszle kit on mine for awhile....Roughly 400/520 on a dynojet....Only shooting 2nd gear on until I get a built rear....But my Tremec3650 absolutely hates the torque, its days are numbered....

Users who are viewing this thread