03 GT and 125 shot, could it handle it?

ChrisP14

Established Member
im thinking of going with nitrous for some cheap power. i see a lot of GT's with 100 shot, and i have heard of people having 125 shot. i was just wondering the extra risk would be worth the extra power?

spike_africa

Established Member
as long as the car isnt making to much over 400rwhp its fine. I have been on a compucar 50-125hp kit for over year and half at 125hp setting and i am untuned to boot. But i am smart and know how to read plugs which helps alot.

I would only be worried aobut pushing over 400rwhp if you had full bolt on's and maybe even cams. I will let you know as i am about to get tuned in a few weeks. I am hoping ot be at or very close to 400rwhp. More likly it will be 375-390hp though.

Me i would do it, its fine with a tune and a bigger fuel pump. I run the SVT focus pump as you can get it from randy at www.mustangboards.com for 90bucks. Dont go over 100 without a fuel pump upgrade, trust me.

Last edited:

Brad03GT

Established Member
I had a 100 shot on mine for a long time (well from August till March when my oil pump let go-not related to n2o). Get a boost-a-pump as well, the stock pump was maxed out at only 3500 rpms, but with the bap, i had PLENTY of fuel. A tune is also a very good decision. there are people who don't get their car tuned and it will be ok, and then there are those who blow it up after one pull...
BTW: I'm gonna send you a PM since we live in the same area... I might have some parts for sale soon :)

spike_africa

Established Member
Screw the boost a apump you can get focus pumps for 90bucks shipped you cant beat that all.

Trust me though a 125shit isnt that much on a bolt on motor.

spike_africa

Established Member
Thats fien you can spray the much on a stock engine. I am just saying really the reason to stop jetting the nitrous kit higher is if your at 400rwhp. Thats were you wanna stop right around 400rwhp is the limit for a safe stock short block 2v.

But i will say that an exhaust system and intake mods would make the kit work alot better. At the very least get an off road mid pipe like H,X pipe. I see your in florida so screw cats and go off road.

Brad03GT

Established Member
You can max out a Focus pump a lot quicker and more easy than a BAP. AND, it's a hell of a lot easier/faster to install.

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
I run a NX 150 shot on the wifes 2000 GT. Ran a larger fuel jet to keep it fat. Car is Dyno tuned. Stock F/P and rails.

All is good, pump is no where near max duty cycle, per the tune and datalogging.

So far we have run around 12 bottles through it and it's all good.

ChrisP14

Established Member
nice set of cars you got there. wow 150 shot i figured that would send the 2v motor packin. what do your hp/tq look like?

spike_africa

Established Member
i have seen stock 2v in person take many passed down the strip on 175 shots. Like i said its not the shot its the hp as the 2v is only safe around the bottom 400rwhp level.

spike_africa

Established Member
Well a 175 is getting into the serius area of power. But i am just saying dont be so scared of the jetting you should just worry about the air/fuel ratio and the total rwhp its making on the bottle if you want the bottom end to last in a daily driver like me.

I drive mine every day and spray a 125shot on it and i fill my bottle every 2-4 weeks. its lots of fun :)

Brad03GT

Established Member
spike_africa said:
i have seen stock 2v in person take many passed down the strip on 175 shots. Like i said its not the shot its the hp as the 2v is only safe around the bottom 400rwhp level.
haha, a motor doesn't have a certain "level" of hp that it can handle. People have blown cars makin around 420-430 and use them as d.d.'s and they'll last, while others will blow up around 360 hp like mine did. It all depends on the motor, the rpms it turns, and how often it is beaten on. I went through 15 lbs of n2o a week with a 100 for about 7-8 months. When it let go, it wasn't even due to the n2o, it was the oil pump.

Users who are viewing this thread