03 gets spanked on Woodward

MARK C

Established Member
Great day on on Woodward..just got done waxing a 02 GT. I run into a 03/04 Cobra. We paly around a little bit no room to race..his g/f asks me if I'm s/charged, I nod yes. About 2 more lights we get to go from a dig, through 1's we are both spinning, finnally get some trachion in 2'nd.pull about a car on him, grab 3'rd put another 2 to 3 cars on him. We did race again from a 2'nd gear roll..same out come.pull a car and 3'rd walk away. We hit another light, I ask if he's stock, he says except for exhaust he's stock. It's the first 03/04 I raced. I really had no idea the out come I know they can be made real fast for not to much cash. A Z/06 gave me just about the same race a few weeks ago. Got to LOVE woodward! :-D

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
Good Kill.... but yes, beware of pulley + chip/tune + TB... you might not like
the outcome of that race :rolling:

stangfreak

Established Member
nice kill!!

my car with a catback and cold air ran a 12.3 at 114mph on stock tires. so even a fairly modded cobra is pretty fast. but yea beware of the pulley and tune. :beer:

MARK C

Established Member
Thanks...Don't forget I'm only running 9psi, I only see 8psi on my gauge. 03/04's can change a pulley....so can I.

Mischievious_01

innocence in a sense
Established Member
MARK C said:
Thanks...Don't forget I'm only running 9psi, I only see 8psi on my gauge. 03/04's can change a pulley....so can I.

damn right buddy, im tired of the pulley up excuse the terminator guys constantly using.............but hell, keep your car how you want it, and if you want more power get more power....... :coolman:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Nice run. Maybe I'll see you out there sometime. Just a KB, bolt ons, and nitrous here...

ralphy1798

Established Member
Mischievious_01 said:
damn right buddy, im tired of the pulley up excuse the terminator guys constantly using.............but hell, keep your car how you want it, and if you want more power get more power....... :coolman:

Haha,

I hate that excuse too. I am pullied, and I still feel vulnerable. The only cars that want to race have a lot of shit underneath the hood around here!

Jeff

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
MARK C said:
Unless your engine is built you will quickly max out what you can do and he will eventually win the pulley up contest. Just keep sticking the launches and shifting and it will drive him eternally crazy.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
ahhh yes , Woodward. I love going out there on nice days like this and just cruising around. Ofcourse the occasional race is always fun , but I would never do anything like that ..................... :bs:

FreSh03Gt

Established Member
Sounds like a bad@ss car you have there! I would like to check it out sometime. Maybe i will catch you out that way.

Thrust

Established Member
Hopefully sometime this summer I will be able to make it out to both Woodward and Gratiot. I miss them both.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
unit213 said:
Nice run. Maybe I'll see you out there sometime. Just a KB, bolt ons, and nitrous here...

I'd like to race, just not on Woodward. Too risky for my blood. I'm no use against anybody from a dig anyways since I put back on the 295 F1's (bought before I did the motor big). I've got ET streets on spare rims, but I'm not big rolling on these roads with no tread...

BTW, nice race to the original poster. Run what you brung, and you brung the whoopin... :coolman:

its simple, stock pulley cobras are not fast. stock pulley cobras only push 6-8psi. most people who get beat have stock pulley so many people say "wait till he gets a pulley" because simply, a pullied/chip cobra is just lethal and chances of beating one is very slim unless you are heavily modded. sure you can also change your pulley but ask yourself this, you really think you can be pushing 15psi like the 03/04 can safely and have your car see another 1,000 miles? I didn't think so.

Last edited:

SVTSNK2004

Banned
MARK C said:

Durebalility is on the Cobra side if you turn up the (Boost). Cobra has a lot stronger (6) Speed transmission and supension compared to your 94 Cobra. "If you have not altered the supension". Nice race..

SVTSNK2004

Banned
nikemason said:
its simple, stock pulley cobras are not fast. stock pulley cobras only push 6-8psi. most people who get beat have stock pulley so many people say "wait till he gets a pulley" because simply, a pullied/chip cobra is just lethal and chances of beating one is very slim unless you are heavily modded. sure you can also change your pulley but ask yourself this, you really think you can be pushing 15psi like the 03/04 can safely and have your car see another 1,000 miles? I didn't think so.

"That what I am saying, why chance to the boom"..

MARK C

Established Member
SVTSNK2004 said:
Durebalility is on the Cobra side if you turn up the (Boost). Cobra has a lot stronger (6) Speed transmission and supension compared to your 94 Cobra. "If you have not altered the supension". Nice race..
Have you read my sig????? Do you even know what a TKO-600 is??
arn't a lot of you irs guys replacing your irs for a live axle like mine?? Belive my my Cobra has a lot of susp mods and is much stronger than your stock IRS. Wheel hop?? Not in my car.

Last edited:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
MARK C said:
Have you read my sig????? Do you even know what a TKO-600 is??
arn't a lot of you irs guys replacing your irs for a live axle like mine?? Belive my my Cobra has a lot of susp mods and is much stronger than your stock IRS. Wheel hop?? Not in my car.

You're going to need all that though because you're only making 418rwhp. Us '03 Cobra guys are making 100, 200, 300 more hp to the wheels.

Not trying to be a dick, just pointing out the obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread