03 fuel pump into 94

j-tan

Established Member
03 cobra fuel pump into 94

Will a 03 cobra fuel pump fit into my 1994 cobra? If so is there any modification needed? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
You can always invest in a 99-04 fuel tank and bolt in the Fore Fuel Hat (2/3 pump 255 capibilities).. ;)

SVTCobra306

Established Member
Yeah, there's really no room in our tanks for that setup. Getting one from a new edge shouldn't be too hard.. Stacy correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC Fore makes a hat that is compatible with return lines so you wouldn't have to install a Fuel Pump Driver Module, you'd simply have to wire the pumps in and get pumps that are built to run at full cycle constantly like ours are, the newer pumps are not designed to run full voltage all the time, hence the driver modules.

What kind of HP are you running that you need to go that far? A good ol' Walbro 255 will get you to the limit of the stock fuel lines (usually in the 500's somewhere depending on your setup), and if you surpass that you can simply replace the tank unit with a drop-in pickup and go to a larger pump such as an A1000.

Last edited:

j-tan

Established Member
Yeah, there's really no room in our tanks for that setup. Getting one from a new edge shouldn't be too hard.. Stacy correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC Fore makes a hat that is compatible with return lines so you wouldn't have to install a Fuel Pump Driver Module, you'd simply have to wire the pumps in and get pumps that are built to run at full cycle constantly like ours are, the newer pumps are not designed to run full voltage all the time, hence the driver modules.

What kind of HP are you running that you need to go that far? A good ol' Walbro 255 will get you to the limit of the stock fuel lines (usually in the 500's somewhere depending on your setup), and if you surpass that you can simply replace the tank unit with a drop-in pickup and go to a larger pump such as an A1000.

I was woundering because I am building a turbo setup for my car. Guys on the forum were giving me ideas for fuel system. I'm going with the walbro 255 with a walbro inline pump.

Users who are viewing this thread