03 front bumper with a 99/01 hood?

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
Does anybody have an 03/04 front bumper but still have their stock 99/01 hood? I just installed my 03 bumper and the hood doesnt close all the way because of the bumper. How did you guys go about making it fit?

oxw01svt

Established Member
pic5.jpg

frontviewcloudsaboverotated.jpg

DC97Cobra

Established Member
hmmm.. that looks pretty good. I might have to look for an 03/04 bumper instead of doing the 2000R front splitter.

CobraKalas

Established Member
I have my front tabs not mounted with the screws so its loose on top but holds down when the hood is closed, still need to drill new holes.

svtleen

Established Member
Dude get an 03/04 hood to go with ur bumper if funds are available...I love my Termi hood on my 99 it looks much more aggressive. I wish I hadn't waited for 3 years to do it.

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
Dude get an 03/04 hood to go with ur bumper if funds are available...I love my Termi hood on my 99 it looks much more aggressive. I wish I hadn't waited for 3 years to do it.

I was thinking about that but i kinda like the 95R hood better. could you post some pics of your bumper and hood?

skidad62

Established Member
Can you move the chin spoiler back so it's flush to the fender well... should be just slightly inset in the front not the back with the big gap...

svtleen

Established Member
Can you move the chin spoiler back so it's flush to the fender well... should be just slightly inset in the front not the back with the big gap...

The Mach 1 chin doesn't fit perfectly with a 99 front it will cost more for the body guys to add a small piece so I'll just have to live with it.:(

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
I think the 03/04 front bumper looks great, but not as nice as our 99/01 front bumpers.

If your unhappy with the looks on your cobra just get a nice bigger/temi/cowl/00R hood. :beer:

And possible add a front chin spoiler?

Here's one that actually fits \/\/ Pricey though

http://www.maierracing.com/

Last edited:

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
I think the 03/04 front bumper looks great, but not as nice as our 99/01 front bumpers.

If your unhappy with the looks on your cobra just get a nice bigger/temi/cowl/00R hood. :beer:

And possible add a front chin spoiler?

Here's one that actually fits \/\/ Pricey though

Welcome to Maier Racing

Of course add a front chin spoiler, i love the look of the 03/04 bumper with a chin spoiler

Users who are viewing this thread