03 factory rev limiter>fuel or spark cut off?

MacMan

Established Member
Anyone know if the 03 Cobras still limit the revs but cutting off fuel?

I've heard that cutting fuel from SC'd cars is VERY bad, thus I have MSD on my 98 to cut the spark instead. However, if Ford is doing it...

i8u

Established Member
Also used to aid brakes for the traction control.
They do it this way because a rich mixture is bad for emissions.

F%$K emissions!

MacMan

Established Member
So anyone know if cutting the fuel is really an issue? Or is MSD just blowing smoke up my arse?

Seems like if it was an issue on supercharged engines, a lot of 03's would have already exploded upon hitting the rev limiter.

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by MacMan
So anyone know if cutting the fuel is really an issue? Or is MSD just blowing smoke up my arse?

Seems like if it was an issue on supercharged engines, a lot of 03's would have already exploded upon hitting the rev limiter.

Yeah, why would Ford shoot itself in the foot. I have found that short shifting at 6200 yields accleration just as good as redline anyway.

MacMan

Established Member
with autocrossing though, I tend to hit the rev limiter every now and then (rather then shifting into another gear at the last second of a straight). So the rev limiter issue is a pretty big one for me. But I'd looooove to get rid of the MSD and go with a Jacobs instead (MSD tach adaptors=sh*t). The only reason I still have the MSD is because of the spark based rev limiter. THe Jacobs system doesn't have a rev limiter.

Users who are viewing this thread