03 f1a cobra vs 331 fox & paxton z06

shortbus03

White Trash Millionaire
Established Member
Little info on my car, its a 03 cobra with a f1a procharger making 621/574, making less on these runs due to my restrictive intake set up.

08 z06 bolt-ons + paxton making 630whp
91 fox built 331 375+whp

Couple fun highway runs this past weekend to see where my car stands, all runs are from 40.

First run with the fox dead even from the start, little bit of wheel spin from me, shift to third and slowy start inching out then by 4th i had a good car or so and shut down, fox has been high 10s at the track.

Now on to the z06, about dead even from the start maybe my cobra a nose ahead, spun some on this run also. As soon as i am about to shift into third the z starts pulling and doesnt stop, he had a good 3+ on me before i shut down.

All in All pretty happy with my car, and the Z is damn fast!!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Would have loved a video of you and the Z going at it but good kill and death man.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Dang a fox hanging with a car that makes 200 or so more hp o O

I know they are rather light and all but geez

onebadsvt

Established Member
how does a fox down 250whp hang??? im thinking more power. also replace that intake you should be upwards of 700whp easily with the f1!

shortbus03

White Trash Millionaire
Established Member
how does a fox down 250whp hang??? im thinking more power. also replace that intake you should be upwards of 700whp easily with the f1!

Hes making 375whp give or take, proven high 10 car at the track, iam kinda stumped also, something he might not be telling me lol.

onebadsvt

Established Member
Hes making 375whp give or take, proven high 10 car at the track, iam kinda stumped also, something he might not be telling me lol.

id say so cause the only way hes running 10s at that powerlevel is with great traction and a 115-120 trap. you should be trapping 130+ which should put you out in front at least 4 cars from a roll so im sayin maybe hes 375whp motor and 525whp with his 150 shot

19935.slow

Established Member
id say so cause the only way hes running 10s at that powerlevel is with great traction and a 115-120 trap. you should be trapping 130+ which should put you out in front at least 4 cars from a roll so im sayin maybe hes 375whp motor and 525whp with his 150 shot

Dude, every post you make, makes no sense. Have you ever even driven a car down the track or on a dyno? Doesn't matter what the fox dynos, clearly it revs higher than some basic phead combo. Most foxes only need around 360rwhp at the right weight if it's spun to 7000 to run a high 10 second pass at 121 to 124mph, on motor.

Z06 was fast. He had 3 cars on you before he got into 4th when you let out.

Good runs and good videos. I'd say the cobra would run a 10.90 at 126 as is.

onebadsvt

Established Member
Dude, every post you make, makes no sense. Have you ever even driven a car down the track or on a dyno? Doesn't matter what the fox dynos, clearly it revs higher than some basic phead combo. Most foxes only need around 360rwhp at the right weight if it's spun to 7000 to run a high 10 second pass at 121 to 124mph, on motor.

Good runs and good videos. I'd say the cobra would run a 10.90 at 126 as is.

well thanks for the kind words. actually ive owned 4 10sec rides and one 9sec one, so yes ive done my fair share of passes at the track, and yea ive prob had twice the dyno time as you considering ive owned over 15 cars that have had time on the rollers. Im not saying that a well built 375hp fox wont run 10s.i know they can but im not seeing a 375hp fox trap 125mph either. my cousin goes to the track with me often with his built notch that makes 406whp and runs very consistant 10.70s@122-4. all i was gettin at is that with a 250whp advantage he should have a higher trap and be able to pull away from a roll if the numbers are accurate

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member

My son's '87 GT only makes 292 RWHP (STD) on a Dynojet, but traps 111 MPH. There is a thing called weight reduction you know. :shrug:

+1

onebadsvt

Established Member
My son's '87 GT only makes 292 RWHP (STD) on a Dynojet, but traps 111 MPH. There is a thing called weight reduction you know. :shrug:

weight reduction. what is that..... seriously. STFU and go post stupid shit eleswhere

19935.slow

Established Member

weight reduction. what is that..... seriously. STFU and go post stupid shit eleswhere
Another clever post. It's hard to beleive you ever owned a 9 second car, because all you care about is dyno numbers and horsepower. My point was that dyno numbers don't mean anything. If the dyno is loaded then forget what it dynos, it's wrong off the batt. It's nice for measuring changes and that is it. For example: A gt hatch (heavy fox) just lost by a bumper to an f1 cobra. Instead of saying, "lol at dynos" you just come up with excuses for both owners.

onebadsvt

Established Member
Another clever post. It's hard to beleive you ever owned a 9 second car, because all you care about is dyno numbers and horsepower. My point was that dyno numbers don't mean anything. If the dyno is loaded then forget what it dynos, it's wrong off the batt. It's nice for measuring changes and that is it. For example: A gt hatch (heavy fox) just lost by a bumper to an f1 cobra. Instead of saying, "lol at dynos" you just come up with excuses for both owners.

whatever, you can feel however you like. Your correct i like having high hp numbers but i also like running fast times. My 9 sec ride trapped 146 so i know a thing or two about weight reduction and making a vehicle fast, so you just keep on babbling about whatever you like. this thread is getting off topic so im going to excuse myself from it.:rollseyes

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member

Obviously it is you that doesn't have a clue!! :kaboom:

I had a '88 LX coupe that was full interior and it only weighed 2,560 pounds with a 1/4 tank of gas. I spent a lot of time trimming weight in places that didn't show on the outside so that the car didn't look like a gutted out race car. It doesn't take that much HP to make a light car turn some impressive traps speeds!

DSCF0213.jpg

DSCF0218.jpg

Was this for me or onebadsvt?

Users who are viewing this thread