03 Evo- 11.7 @ 118

2.3 Evo 8

Established Member
Some of you remember me posting a video of me racing Steeda30 from this forum.

Well, I had been tuning the car myself when I raced him and decided to take the car to the dyno to see how much whp I had when I raced Steeda30.

To my suprise I had severly detuned the car and lost a good amount of torque. Same tune I raced him on dynoed 360whp and 329 trq.

I left the dyno with 410whp and 377 trq. This has convinced me to stop messing with my EMS until I learn how to tune it better.

Here is some video from Atlanta Dragway in Commerce on Friday.

http://media.putfile.com/Buschur-Evo-VIII

This was also into a 10 mph head wind. :beer:

REPCobra10

Established Member
That's beast! Damn impressive run there man. I'm starting to see alot of really fast Evo's around where I live too down here in S. Florida. Alot of them are trapping 115+ and some even in the 120's. Anyways, all take it easy.

2.3 Evo 8

Established Member
I just found out the slipping I was feeling on all my runs was my t-case taking a poop on me. :(

I am having the transfer case rebuilt and while I'm at it I thought I would build the tranny also. I should get back to the track some time in late May for Import Showdown shooting for low 11's

2.3 Evo 8

Established Member
I am still on stock motor and head, not a 2.3l stroker. I just chose that screen name because the stroker motor is in my future build plans.

EVOtomig

Established Member
2.3 Evo 8 said:
I am still on stock motor and head, not a 2.3l stroker. I just chose that screen name because the stroker motor is in my future build plans.
Cool. That makes more sense. That's what I get for assuming!

Did you dyno 410 at Buschur's??

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
I need to break 11s....last time I ran I was running mid 12s....and I was only trapping 110...but it seemed like EVERYONE was slow so I don't get it.

I made almost 400 at the wheels on pump so it doesn't make sense.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
4tun8 said:
I need to break 11s....last time I ran I was running mid 12s....and I was only trapping 110...but it seemed like EVERYONE was slow so I don't get it.

I made almost 400 at the wheels on pump so it doesn't make sense.

You're car is definetly strong enough man. I can't figure it out. I know you were having a little trouble with the launch but that happens to all of us. Either way you're cars still damn strong. This thread just goes to prove.......400 awhp=mid 11s.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
LOL when the race started, i seen the Chev jump... And then BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!! there you go... lmao, nice run man (as the world turns/ the 4 bangers get more scarry)

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

2.3 Evo 8

Established Member
I'm also switching out my cams for a more aggressive set since the tranny and transfer case are getting redone.

Once its finished I will head up to the track as long as the wind isn't directly into our face again. I don't see the point in paying $20 for racing into the wind.

Users who are viewing this thread