03 Cobras do exsist

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
This was the other morning on the way to work (didnt know if i should post it, i dont want this post to turn out like the others do). But alas i am going to. Sitting at a light (4 a.m.) and all is quiet, up to me pulls a grey mustang and i think what the hell so i throw him a rev. Then i hear it (like getting hit with a sledge hammer in the head) the whine. I now look and there it is the cobra. I reached back and cracked the bottle and threw a quick purge, looked over and he thumbs up and points forward, its on. Light goes green and hit it, clean luanch for me and i do my thing, mid 2nd gear quick glance and still even, 3rd comes and still there with a slight pull. 110 mph and i let off knowing the 1/4 is done and i try to calm down some. Net results, a very close friggin race, although to be honest i would say he had my by a bumper. I had to make a right at next intersecton and he a left, so with 2 big smiles we waved and parted ways (the way it should be). I believe he was stock (maybe filter and silencer removed) but a very good driver IMO. I know i havent listed my mods before but i will now just to be fair. 94 Formula, a-4, all freeebies, K&N cai, ported maf ends, bbk headers, bbk y-pipe, cat delete, hooker cat-back, msd 6-al, msd coil, taylor wires, fan switch, shift kit, trans cooler, NOS 5176 kit (jetted for 75hp), best et to date 12.44 @ 111mph. So my moral to this story other then a great race is i am now a TRUE believer that ford hit the nail on the head and delivered a great car to the market and makes me proud to be a fellow american muscle car owner.

StangD281

Established Member
Nice race & nice write-up....objective, fair & honest! :thumbsup:

Dan, stepping down from the english class podium ;-)

nyk438

Established Member
Yea nice run man,

I've got a question about n20 systems, how old do you have to be to acquire one for your car? Is there even a certain age?

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
No age limit that i am aware of, just a $ limit :-D Although with a few of the people i have seen maybe there should be some sort if iq test before purchase :idea:

Users who are viewing this thread