03 cobra with procharger kit good or bad?

camaro402

Established Member
Just seeing how good this combo is who is running this setup and is it a good setup or not.lmk guys thanks.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
All I know is it used to be a royal pain in the rear a few years ago. Although lately I think they've made the kit to where it's a lot simpler and runs better. Hopefully someone who knows more than me will give you some definite answers.

On my own terms I just bought a Twin Screw and the ProCharger never even made it into consideration as an option for a new blower.

camaro402

Established Member
hymm he baught the kit along time ago when he baught the car brand new I think he said dallas mustang tuned it.It put down a little under 600rwhp.thats all I know.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Big diff will be the lack of low end grunt. You'll have a really good top end charge w/ the cent. blower but you wont have that deep tq feel that makes these cars so much fun. :beer:

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
I think positive displacement blowers are more fun to drive on the street because of the instant response.
If you do get ProCharger, get the kit with the F1A so you will at least have more power and boost potential than a 2.2 or 2.3 twin screw, not the wimpy P1SC.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
While I can't tell you from personal experience, I have been seriously considering a F1A kit for my 03..

As mentioned above, you will lose the "fun" factor from the instant tq generated by the eaton, but some of that could be remedied (sp?) by a numerically higher gear ratio, i.e. 3.90 or 4.10. Doing so however, will decrease some of the top end power the centrifigual blowers provide.

Last edited:

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Excessive motorsport in Manassas Virginia did an f1a car a few months ago, it put down 750 rwhp on pump gas!! Not to shabby.

camaro402

Established Member
well this car has the p1sc kit so what do they max out at.Dont know much about that combo.

64comet

Established Member
Know of one in Hawaii and the damn thing has never ran right. Right after the install the guy told me it made a hole 460 at the wheels. When I mentioned my eaton with a 2.8 pulley made 456 his number went up. Not real impressed with the P1SC kit.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Excessive motorsport in Manassas Virginia did an f1a car a few months ago, it put down 750 rwhp on pump gas!! Not to shabby.
You know Hayden, it's coming off the car next weekend......The guy is going Hellion. And the other fella in the MACA that went F1A, had his on for 200 miles and took it off put a 2.8H on. That's two fellas that put less than 500 miles on a Procharger setup and took em off.

Their take??? Too loud, lots of bug to work out, not a ton of torque down low......

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Brandon Foley did it with "some" success......Just depends on how aggressive you want to get. They'll run now if you set them up correctly.

So I decided to change my setup this year and move into a Procharger (F1-C) and I love it! Ordered a new block and the whole 9 yards from DynoSpeed Racing and had them install most everything that I couldn't.

I decided to switch up to a Bigstuff3 which is working out fairly well.

So I have made about 6 or 7 shake down passes.. AFR is still 9.2:1 at the moment. But we are easing into it a little at a time. I'm just not use to driving the car since it was under construction for the last several months.

So here was my best pass timeslip numbers. And the video.

60 - 1.342 - spinning
330 - 3.811
1/8 - 5.880
mph - 118.45
1000 - 7.686
1/4 - 9.228
mph - 145.47

http://loafs.net/videos/F1_testing/BracketTestingMMP3-10-07.mpg - 13MB
http://loafs.net/videos/F1_testing/BracketTestingMMP3-10-07HIGH.mpg - 50MB

Couple Pics.

Renegade_004.jpg

Renegade_006.jpg