03 cobra, what next?

Brantner

Established Member
as the title states, what would be the next 3 options you would do to this car?

I dont want to spend more than 3000-3500 sence I just got the car and I will be doin this in the next week or two. Any help here would be appreciated thnx. Also I am going to hold of on the SC for now.

I was thinking:
Pully
chip
exhaust

yay or nay?

-Ryan-

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Man. Break that thing in first. 1000 miles. Exhaust/CAI to start and once broken in, chip/pulley the hell out of it. With that kind of money, insure you go with a reputable tuner for your tune. Several to choose from. These cars also love subframes. Get a set of full lengths. Also, sounds like you could afford several other upgrades since you dont want to go the KB/Whipple route just yet. A nice billetflow Throttle body and a set of Mid-length or Long-tube headers would round you out nicely. Good luck......

Brantner

Established Member
03Snake: some questions

1.What kind of exhaust would you recamend?

2.I heard the 14" metco made for lightnings was better than the CAI and was better and cheaper. (true? false?)

3.What chip would you recamend?

4.Get the 2.8 pully? what kind of tune does that require? Is out of the box not possible?

what would these options here set me at in HP wise (estimate) do you think?

oh and she has just over 1100 miles on her, (I drove it to my cousins baseball game that was about 4 hours away)

*Edit*
How much would a SC set me back? Vortech or whipple?

Last edited:

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
First off the Blower from Kenne Bell will set you back about $3800 bucks, but Kenne Bell has tested those blowers and made 617rwhp with no other changes. Second I would reconmend any of the follow exhausts. Borla, Magnaflow, Bassini, and Mac. I have the Mac catback with an MRT catted h pipe and love the sound. 2.80 pulley is one of the smaller ones on the market, and that is what I'm going to be running with a predator tuner. You can load map and everything to the tuner. As far as CAI I have the steeda one and like it, JLT has a very nice setup also. With exhaust(mid pipe, catback), CAI, 2.80 pulley, and a good tune you could be easily into 450+ range. But you have to get that power to the ground so I would suggest getting 315/35/17 nittos, IRS brace, Alum. rearend bushing, subframes, MM torque box bushings, and a short throw shifter. That would make one hell of a cobra. Have fun....

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
if you want straight up speed, do this:

- Apten S/C port
- 2.76" upper pulley & belt
- CAI
- single-blade TB
- O/R H or X w/ 3" catback
- MM full-length subframes
- 315/35 Nitto 555R DRs
- tri-ax/pro5.0 shifter
- chip & custom dyno tune

that should all total under $3500 (no labor).

if i could start all over again, that's exactly what i would have done. you could even throw in a solid axle swap if you wanted to (free w/ a donor car wanting an IRS).

95rcobra

Originally posted by Stangette03
For exhaust, I think Magnaflow sounds sweeeeet :bowdown:

Welcome aboard Stangette03,
I also like the Magnaflow system for the 03/04 Cobras. also looking at SLP and Steeda catbacks. Dont really need the loudest system but want the best bang for the buck. also would like one of Tuckers JLT true CAI units. they are sweeeet!!
In Mystichrome of course. all to come soon for the 04.

Later,95rcobra.

----------------------------------
2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe #????

Last edited:

DSG03Snake

Established Member
I say pulley, chip (or SCT/Predator), exhaust, cold air intake, shifter, subframes and get an apten blower port (not sure how much they are). You would have close to 500 at the wheels, which unless you are planning on changing your pistons, is about as high as I would go.

I say dont waste money on headers because our stock ones seem to do really well.

Last edited:

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
Originally posted by KiLLaBytE
if you want straight up speed, do this:

- Apten S/C port
- 2.76" upper pulley & belt
- CAI
- single-blade TB
- O/R H or X w/ 3" catback
- MM full-length subframes
- 315/35 Nitto 555R DRs
- tri-ax/pro5.0 shifter
- chip & custom dyno tune

that should all total under $3500 (no labor).

i couldnt have said it better myself

or if you want to save money for other stuff, instead of a shifter buy the mgw adjustable shifter lever. alot of people have done that and been very pleased.

how about this

apten
2.76 non slip pulley or 2.80 non slip
2lb or 4lb lower pulley
jlt true cai
Magnapack catback
upr o/r x pipe
mgw shifter lever
autometer a pillar
boost guage
air/fuel guage
nitto 315 drag radials
lowering springs woulkd give an agressive stance and reduce wheel hop

that should be a pretty sick setup and should be $3500 or under

95rcobra

Originally posted by Stangette03
Thanks, Steve :rolling:

Your Welcome Michelle.

See you on the 2nd.

Later, Steve.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe#????

Users who are viewing this thread