03 Cobra weight?

VettTheRipper

Big Honkin' Diesel
Established Member
Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
lets see,
if I sit mine on my bathroom scale it weighs....
OH YEAH I Forgot! I don't have mine yet......./
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Yea bro, I read your other post. The waiting game sucks. It was just after Sep. 11th when I decided to buy a Vett and I couldn't find even 1 within 200 miles of where I live. It took me 4 weeks of looking and promises then finally found a cherry used one. I was going insane.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
I'm anxious to get my car on some scales. What I can tell you, is my title lists the weight at 3322lbs. There's no way that can be right. Somebody goofed, cause that is to the pound what my '01 weighted in at!

VettTheRipper

Big Honkin' Diesel
Established Member
Originally posted by Black2001Cobra
I'm anxious to get my car on some scales. What I can tell you, is my title lists the weight at 3322lbs. There's no way that can be right. Somebody goofed, cause that is to the pound what my '01 weighted in at!

You may be right. GM lists the ZO6 at 3150 I believe and someone weighed theirs a few days ago with 1/8 tank and it was only 3040. I'm sure the fuel load has a lot to do with it.

Mowgli

Established Member
My feeling is the ~3600lb that the detracters rant about is too high also though. Seen folks saying it pushes 3800 with driver. Thats a load of horsesh!t.

I saw a 03 Coupe at the Circleville scales weigh in at 3540 with driver. Yes I said with driver, and about 1/4 tank of gas. I saw the reading with my own eyes. The guy in it wasn't small either.

Take it for what its worth.

Mine is coming in on the 8th. The first thing I'm going to do (well one of the first things) is drive it up to Metzler Toledo (the company, not the town) scales and weigh it.

Will post.

lethal

Established Member
I think gas is like ~6 lbs per gallon, so if you add the weight you mentioned (3040) and could add 15 gallons (15x6lbs) it could come close to 3150lbs. On these boards I read it as the "curb weight" which was defined: no driver in car, all stock components (spare, jack, rear seats, etc) and fuel tank full.

Just my $0.02

Users who are viewing this thread