03 cobra vs ws6

cuban

Established Member
well ran a 00 ws6 m6 with h/c setup 9inch rear and a 125 wet shot. but anyways went to the free way for a couple runs.

first race from a 40 off the 3 honk dead even through 2nd third he pulled half a car, my tire was about mid door went for 4th and i couldnt get in gear right away lost about 2 cars and shut down. but he was slowly gaining anyhow so he would have won regardless.

second race from 40 even through second and i couldnt get it in 3rd or 4th so he ran away.

third race from a 40 again only t/a not using spray. I got a lil jump off the honks but was running away and i think he missed third as well but it wouldnt have mattered.

all in all very fun night
t/a 2 cobra 1

we have a video of all three one of our friends got on his camera so hopefully we will get that posted soon.

COBRA55

New Name but Old member
Established Member
off topic but...421hp with a 2.8 pulley?? might want to get your car checked out..?? youre missing like 30-40 rwhp and 40-50 rwtq

dirty bird

Cant afford a terminator!
Established Member
that ls1 had to be good for 550 hp easily. im not callin bs but either your car is different in your sig. or he doesnt have a h/c n20 setup. you said you have video so im not sayin the races werent right. it just seems like the other car should have walked you.

cuban

Established Member
510 off the spray he is an ls1tech member as well so i am not bsing. i honestly thought hes was gonna walk away from me but never really did. and the 421 hp was with no exhaust whatsoever other than the stock setup. it has definatly picked up since i have added the x pipe and cat back. i will get it dynod the next time i am in minneapolis.

musclefan21

Established Member
cuban said:
510 off the spray he is an ls1tech member as well so i am not bsing. i honestly thought hes was gonna walk away from me but never really did. and the 421 hp was with no exhaust whatsoever other than the stock setup. it has definatly picked up since i have added the x pipe and cat back. i will get it dynod the next time i am in minneapolis.

i put down 425-460 just intake and 2.76 pulley so your HP number seems right but torque is wayy low.

i put midpipe and catback and the car put down 455-478 so yours should be in 450s as well. about torque, you should defientely around high 460s or in 470s.

also which kind of LS1 makes 510 off the spray with H/C set up? i call BS to those numbers, because it wouldn't be a race even off the bottle. and he just can't make that much power unless he has fully build stroker or something.

Last edited:

BriancWS6

Established Member
Yeah his car is about the weakest I have seen for a heads/cam M6 car. 403rwhp and 368rwtq? My car made more torque than that with only bolt-ons! The 510rwhp in his SIG is WITH the nitrous.

Also, what's with those gears in that 9in? I have NEVER seen someone install higher gearing into a m6 car, EVER. It had 3.42s in the stock 10 bolt:poke: He should be running 4.11s, not 3.25s:??: like it says in his sig.....

Sounds like yall had fun though:beer:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Yeah, your sig #'s are low, but the race seems about right to me I guess. Your Cobra pushing 450ish rwhp(guessing with a new tune) vs. a 510rwhp TA with him winning on the spray everytime seems legit. Good runs.

Darth Invader

Is Your Dad
Established Member
damn, 402 rwhp heads/cam? LOL

My buddies cam only car just made 414rwhp.

And BTW, plenty of LSx cars have made over 500whp with heads/cam/FAST 90 combos. Its not really abnormal now.

Our shop just made 494rwhp with a PRC/cam/FAST/tune.

cuban

Established Member
in his defense though he is speed density tuned, he bought it that way so who knows how well it was tuned. besides his heads are ported ls6 heads so its not like its an outrageous setup. i would say 403 is pretty good for his setup i think if he went back to a maf setup and some better heads that car would wake up. also i believe he is saving for a turbo set up within a few years. and dont preach to me about ls1s i have had 2 one was a full bolt on cammed and n20 that put down 472 hp with ls6 heads. however it was an a4, and just a 224 cam.

Last edited:

Prey4Me

Another H&C LS1
Established Member
musclefan21 said:
also which kind of LS1 makes 510 off the spray with H/C set up? i call BS to those numbers, because it wouldn't be a race even off the bottle. and he just can't make that much power unless he has fully build stroker or something.
I agree that something isn't right with this story, 510whp off bottle should walk the cobra pretty hard, and with the gas it would have been real ugly. Either he has a mild setup and is making 510whp on the gas, he has a very shitty tune, or he is flat out lying about his numbers :shrug: . There are lS1's breaking 500whp with stock displacement and a good H/C setup. its just a matter of knowing which parts will work best with the others,not just picking a set of heads and a big cam and hoping for the best. My car has stock intake except for a lid, a small cam, full exhaust, and some great heads (which is where most of my power comes from). As far as strokers go, I've seen a 402ci with a cam and stock heads make 490whp, and i've seen a fully built sollid roller 370ci make 560whp. Its all in the setup!

JKDSVT

Established Member
Good runs.

403rwhp with H/C is the lowest I've ever heard before.
Should be at least 450rwhp or so and 550rwhp plus on the sauce.

Oh well, you got him.
Good runs, sounds like ya got a nice terminator! :)

tpduke112

Rich Man's Cavalier
Established Member
JKDSVT said:
Good runs.

403rwhp with H/C is the lowest I've ever heard before.
Should be at least 450rwhp or so and 550rwhp plus on the sauce.

Oh well, you got him.
Good runs, sounds like ya got a nice terminator! :)
hey man, didnt expect to see you over here..... if you still have those lts and ypipe in a few weeks, I might take them off of your hands.

His torque numbers are extremely off.... but good runs.

Last edited:

jcurtin

Established Member
That is rather low for a head/cam car, what size cam and what heads does he have? Head/cam could be a zo6 cam and heads. Not everyone goes big head/cam.

BayareaSS

Established Member
jcurtin said:
That is rather low for a head/cam car, what size cam and what heads does he have? Head/cam could be a zo6 cam and heads. Not everyone goes big head/cam.
I think the cam is a 233/239. So his numbers are very low. If that was my car i would be worried and get it checked out. I wouldnt be racing thats for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread