03 Cobra vs. RS4

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Yesterday I was driving home from a very successful lunch-date (a little afternoon delight :banana:) an happened upon an Audi RS4 driven by some kid about my age (early 20s). What caught my eye was the color, it was basically Zinc Yellow! I know it's factory, but was the first time I saw one that wasn't a Build-Your-Own on Audi's website.

Anyway, he looked over, I gave it a little blip, and he revved back. Now I was thinking "Ok, good launch, good launch, he's got AWD, so I'm gonna have to fight a little from behind." But, when the light turned, I got a great launch (315 NT05s are amazing with stock power levels) and he bogged a bit. That gave me a good 2 length lead which is where he stayed and fell behind more until I let off at around 95 & slowed. I thought they were a little quicker than that, but I guess the weak launch and power-sapping AWD (plus the all-conquering Terminator :p) KO'd him. He came up next to me, gave a me thumbs up, a nice throttle blip, and took off. The car was totally stock by the looks and sound of it.

At a light a little later, a tool in an lightly modded S2000 (not because of the Honda, he just is a tool) pulled up next to me, and yelled "Wanna run?" I yelled back "Sorry Johnny, you probably got more than a 100 grand under the hood of that car!" I don't think he appreciated that, and flipped me off as he VTEC'd away from the light. I'm not wasting my $3.55/gal gas unless the kill is worth it! Plus, I've easily taken him in my 06 GT.

Finally, as I was nearing home, I saw a yellow S197 coming up behind me, then nailed it and did a fly-by. I looked over and thought "WTF, this clown is copping my style, that looks just like my 06! Same wheels, brakes, paint scheme, everything!" That I thought "Brain fart, that IS my 06 GT, my mom is borrowing the car!" I got next to her at a light, gave a thottle blip, and she laughed at me while leaving the light a little sideways (S197 traction control is a blast). I did a quick fly-by and headed home. All in all, a pretty fun day!

Last edited:

primetime

Established Member
Nice kill!.... The color is actually Imola yellow.... RS4's aren't that fast and the aftermarket really never took off for them.... JHM is finally starting to make some good gains with mods.... Also, they suffer from carbon deposits really bad as a result of a poor design on the direct injection.... IE he didn't stand a chance! LOL Watch out for the new(2010) and newer B8 S4's..... With just tune, intake, and catback I ran a 12.06 at 116.82 with a 1.74 60ft time.... Not bad for a 4,000 4 door 6-cylinder sedan.... later Ron

Here is a 12.13 pass, sorry didn't get the 12.06 on vid.... Sorry about the commenatry.... HFC's, blower port, pulley(making 13psi now blower can safely make 15-16psi), and retune this winter will hopefully net me mid 11's at 120+

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v-vm6cTLsw&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - 2010 Audi S4 videos 2[/nomedia]

Last edited:

xtremeskime21

Established Member
your mom sounds awesome...would've been better if she rolled down the window and gave you the bird and called you a puss*.

Users who are viewing this thread