03 Cobra vs. Roe Viper GTS???

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
I am just curious....

One of my good buddies has a 02 GTS Viper with the KB Roe kit pushing 5 psi, and full exhaust.

He says he is making about 500-520 rwhp.

I rode in it and it didn't feel as violent or fast as my car....We only went 0-80ish....but I imagine it starts to shine above 100???

Anyway, He says my car should be faster, and I say his should (just out of friendly jest) but he won't race on the street and doesn't like the track.

Just out of curiousity, what do you all think?

I have heard that Vipers don't feel as fast as they really are...

I mean stock GTS's run high 11's @ 120ish and I am only barely faster than that, but still....watching the needle climb and the seat-of-the-pants don't feel it is faster...

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
well theres a guy ive seen at the track with a bolt on viper gts and he runs consistent

12.20'@118 ,now add boost and bolt ons to the picture, he should be well into the 11's , 10's with traction if he makes 550+ rwhp.

DEAD EYE

You must defeat Shenglong
Established Member
I raced a KB cobra with my Roe GTS from a 60 roll a couple of times. My car puts down about 630-640ish rwhp at 10 lbs. I think the Cobra I raced put down about 606ish rwhp at the time. The first time we ran he spun and I put about 3 car lengths on him. The second time we ran I put a couple of lengths on him. His car scared the crap out of me. I heard his blower whine over my own!

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
I raced a KB cobra with my Roe GTS from a 60 roll a couple of times. My car puts down about 630-640ish rwhp at 10 lbs. I think the Cobra I raced put down about 606ish rwhp at the time. The first time we ran he spun and I put about 3 car lengths on him. The second time we ran I put a couple of lengths on him. His car scared the crap out of me. I heard his blower whine over my own!

I tell you what....we couldn't hear his at all from inside the car at WOT.....but outside it sounded nasty!!!

Sweet car man.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
500-520 seems a little low, but that could be on a MD. I would expect ~550 with that setup.

jeffs

Established Member
I know that I have a lot of respect for the 05-06 505 horse Vipers as I'm 1 and 1 with these models and if it's an older one making better or the same power as one of these newer Vipers with a supercharger, I'd say whoever spins or isn't on his/her game with the six speed is gonna lose, you sure as hell can't afford a missed shift or bad wheelspin, "drivers race" with the edge going to the Viper because they are a little lighter, but who knows until it goes down, and let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread