03 cobra vs. new Chevys

46stang

Established Member
good choice on the cobra;-) When you do get dynoed let me know how you do! I usually get my car dynoed there, so it would be a good comparison between our cars. thanks.
Leon

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Really? Humor me.

Well.... OK

I said Debatable to your statement:
ive heard that teh 03 can kill any chevy except the z06 stock for stock

I think this is debatable because cars don't drive themselves.
"kill" is a subjective term to begin with, but let's assume you meant safe legal 1/4 mi track racing :-D
There have been stock O3's in the high 13's and stock C5's (even F-bods) in the 12's. So that again indicates that the possibility exists that "stock for stock" an 03 Cobra could loose. It's most likely the driver that makes that possible but we also know that there are production differences from car to car. Some are freaks and some are below average.

Take all of the above into consideration and you have my attempt at humoring you with the "debatable" comment.

Now... As a general rule and as an 03 Cobra owner myself (me<--------biased) I think you're right. But anything can be debated.
And on message boards, it generally is. ;-)

raiders03

Banned
Thanks. I am going to a local ricer spot and I know they will not know. I know, why am i going there? Only 2 blocks away and only 50 bucks. That is very good for the Bay area here in Cali.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Oh... Why didn't you say so.
Well here's some more advice then:

(Since they may not be used to an 03 Cobra)

1) Make sure they actually strap it down and don't just plan to hold it in place with their foot out the door.

2) Make sure the Dyno is rated for over 100ph.

3) Make sure they put the rear wheels on the drum and not the fronts.

.... j/k.... no offense anyone :-D

Users who are viewing this thread