03 Cobra vs. Lexus IS-F

Cobreezy

Established Member
I'm not asking who would win because in the end my 03 Cobra did.:D I was just minding my own business this morning, driving to work, and when I looked up at my rearview...there's a Lexus IS tailgaiting my ass! WTF!:fm: He pulls up beside me and I notice that it's not an IS 250 or 350, but an IS-F. So I thought to myself, oooh I've never ran against one of these before.:idea: We come to a stop at a light. Light turns green and I let him get about a 1/2 car head start. I got a little squirrely at first (damn Nitto tires!:mj:) and then the tires start to grab. Got traction and barked the gears as I walked pased him.:burnout: I love the sound of the 2.6L KB whine. I noticed he did want anymore since he backed off as I slowed down to see if he wanted wanted another run at it. I was just at a Lexus Showcase Event and they had one of those cars on display, but not to test drive. The Lexus IS-F SME (Subject Matter Expert) claims the car is super fast. It's a nice looking car, but for $60,000! No thanks! Even the tailpipes on the exhaust are fake, just for cosmetics. I'll stick to an 03/04 Terminator any day of the week. Anyone else come across these cars? I've noticed a couple of them in my neighborhood lately. More fresh meat!:rockon:

MikeW

Established Member
I han a "run in" with one a couple of weeks ago. I was in my vert with the top down minding my own business liek you were. We were sitting in a two lane turning lane. I didnt even pay the guy much attention since he was in a suit and tie. The light turns green and as we get through the turn he nails it. WTF... I nail the vert and passed him with ease. I slow down and he gets next to me and nails it again... I return and the same result as the 1st time. We stop side by side and the next light and the guy in a tie rolls down his window with a thumbs up and tells me my car is damn fast :lol1:

I had to look the IS-F up to know what it was.. I had not seen one before. Nice rides and a good dude to throw the thumbs up.

Nice story BTW :beer:

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
I test drove a IS350 and was very impressed. It's a 13.7 car stock. Not bad. What is the "F" ?

I did not like the fat A pillars in the IS at all. I felt like I couldn't see out of the damn thing.

maybe those guys have taken some stock Terminators ?? or Mustang GT's with that car. No match for /\/\ those snakes though lol

Last edited:

04cobra13

Established Member
i think 417hp, i also ran into one last night, he got by me and nailed it did the same...outcome was me a few cars ahead by 130. They are nice looking cars though,especially those maroon ones...

TrickStang37

Established Member
i had one try to mess with me a little over a month ago. didn't get to race him tho, he weaved in and out of traffic.

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
I han a "run in" with one a couple of weeks ago. I was in my vert with the top down minding my own business liek you were. We were sitting in a two lane turning lane. I didnt even pay the guy much attention since he was in a suit and tie. The light turns green and as we get through the turn he nails it. WTF... I nail the vert and passed him with ease. I slow down and he gets next to me and nails it again... I return and the same result as the 1st time. We stop side by side and the next light and the guy in a tie rolls down his window with a thumbs up and tells me my car is damn fast :lol1:

I had to look the IS-F up to know what it was.. I had not seen one before. Nice rides and a good dude to throw the thumbs up.

Nice story BTW :beer:
:bs:

Users who are viewing this thread