03 cobra vs EVO

Evil homer

Established Member
This pass sat I was bored at home, So I decided to feed the cobra with some corn fuel. As I get to the station I see a newer evo fueling up with corn as well. I pull up on the opp side of pump and start filling up. As I get done fueling up, I step into my car and the driver of the Evo walks up to my window and asked "hay you down for some Pulls" :-D And I said Sure. As were pulling out hes reving up doing all kinds of crap lol. We get to a nice open street going about 35-40mph im in 2nd gear, I tell him to honk 3 times and were off i spin like crazy he gets 2 cars on me I shift to third I get 1 car on him and he shuts down.
He tells me lets do it again at higher speed :thumbsup: so this time around 45 -50 im in third this time 3 honks and im gone i pull on him easily this time very lil wheel spin and dont even put 4th in because there wasnt no chances he was going to come around me. I wait for the guy to give him a :thumbsup: and he tells me to pull over, I do he tells me he has a tune and other stuff i dont remeber lol I dont know crap about them cars. He asked what i have done i told him few bolts nothing big. He gave me his number he said he wants to run me at the track from a Dead stop because thats were "EVOS shine" according to him. so now I shall wait for this race. :-D:beer:

evolve

Established Member
Them evos are quick (used to own an VIII). Sounds like a high boost stock turbo. Nice tq on the hit with no wheel spin. GL on the next one!

carclub

Established Member
Nice runs it is always nice to race someone and then hear them say well... (fill in the blank with your own excuses heard). Makes me laugh usually in there face though.

Evil homer

Established Member
Them evos are quick (used to own an VIII). Sounds like a high boost stock turbo. Nice tq on the hit with no wheel spin. GL on the next one!

ya thing had a stupid loud blow off v and spool hard
ya them NT05rs on a nice hot day work good :burnout:

Nice runs it is always nice to race someone and then hear them say well... (fill in the blank with your own excuses heard). Makes me laugh usually in there face though.

lol ya thats true I think at the track With me on my 28/10.5 tires on its a wrap for him his chance was me on the street at low speed but we shall see :rockon:

BLUESNK

SVT God
Established Member
nice kill
It should be a easier kill from a stop, as long as you warm up the tires
Good luck

Evil homer

Established Member
Nice kill ! So what's HP u making on your ported / E85 set up ? Since your Sig shows 93 octane #s

Out in cali we have crap 91 lol those numbers are on 91 pump gas
But when I did my e85 tune I had a spec 2 or 1 forgot
But it slipped so never got the real numbers gotta go back for
A full kill mode tune now that I have the rxt twin disk. I'll post them as
Soon as I get the tune :)

OhioMark

Established Member
I hate those Evo's/ STi's because they always sound like their running on 3 cylinders,
especially with a "fart "can!! I hear the motors first and always look for the VW Bug
because that's what they sound like.....

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
nice kill:beer: hope you get em at the track also

EDIT- just noticed your in CALI. Which track you go race him at? Irwindale?

Last edited:

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
if your spinning from 30-45mph, you will roast them from a stop...trust me... evos dont mess around from a dig... if you think he was kidding when he said thats where "evos shine" then you have something to look foward too...

He will yank out several cars on you, and you will be playing catch up all the way down the 1320... heed my word... EVO's and STI's dont fk around from a dig

Get some DR's, and then at least you will stand a chance

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I hate those Evo's/ STi's because they always sound like their running on 3 cylinders,
especially with a "fart "can!! I hear the motors first and always look for the VW Bug
because that's what they sound like.....

what
the

Oh, you come from Ohio. 'nuff said.

Maybe if the cars you listed have a gaping exhaust leak somewhere. An Evo/DSM has a very low deep mellow tone, while a wrx/sti will have a nice opposed boxter sound (unless running equal length headers). Neither sound like a VW bug on the worst days of their life.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
what
the

Maybe if the cars you listed have a gaping exhaust leak somewhere. An Evo/DSM has a very low deep mellow tone, while a wrx/sti will have a nice opposed boxter sound (unless running equal length headers). Neither sound like a VW bug on the worst days of their life.

I was thinking the exact same thing...

Wildman113

Established Member
what
the

Come on now, Evos sound like complete shit no matter what you do to them. Anything besides a stock exhaust on one of those cars makes you want to plug your ears.

The STI, on the other hand, sounds excellent with a catback or turboback and stock manifolds. Very unique sound, its like nothing else, but it definitely sounds good.

Users who are viewing this thread