03 Cobra vs Cobalt SS/TC and 06 GTO

SinisterCobra

Established Member
Well it all starts back a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to race a Hennessey Camaro that this Cobalt SS/TC got next to me gave three honks and took off. Well I didn't take him serious but so I punched it on 4th going 60 and well he thought he had beat me since he said he heard my SC. I went on my way to go back and try to play with the Camaro. Next day I hear that this guy is talking a lot of sht and that I never stood a chance. Once I heard that I couldnt help but laugh and find a way to really race him. Here we were this past Sunday and see this guy at the local hangout. I call him out and hes down cause hes that confident he beat me. I told him to put cash on it and he agreed to $100 which caught me off guard because he was there the last time I went to the track, he was hitting 13.5 when my best that night was a 12.2. I asked him why he would put money since a whole second is a lot. He told me he didn't care that he knew what he was doing. Next day we meet up again and we agree to a roll since he was on street tires. I also find out he's trying to hussle ME since his best time is actually a 12.1 so go figure. Regardless we race and well, here are the videos, 3 races in total but only showing two.

03 Cobra vs Cobalt SS

Cobra vs Cobalt 2

I'm not going to lie this little car actually suprised me, I dont know what his mods were I just know he was on 16#s of boost. Guy ended up paying me as well, so all in all it was a good night.

Now yesterday the wife and I were driving home from dinner, and I notice a GTO following me. I go towards my way home and still following, so I just had to have a little fun. I dont know his mods but I do know it was a 6.0. He took off first the first time, and I beat him by a couple of cars the second time. I wasnt powershifting so dont criticize my shifting, I don't beat on the tranny if I don't have to, lol. Enjoy the videos guys.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMDyXJQOazw"]YouTube - 03 Cobra vs 06 GTO[/nomedia]

97svtman

Established Member
I enjoyed watching you beat that ss, there is a guy at work with one. its stock with exhaust, (untuned) he made 240/260 He says he hates mustangs would love to beet him,I will race him when I do my c-swap. lol

Slowtsi

Slow car driver
Established Member
Got to race a bolt on ss/tc in my wife's evo. The guy was super confident he'd get me, but I beat him by 2 cars... I was actually surprised he hung in there. Cool little cars! Good Kill

97svtman

Established Member
yea that could be one of those comercials whipple 3,000 tune 600 cocky cobalt guys face when hes 4 cars behind priceless.:rolling:

SuperRok

Established Member
16 PSI for the Cobalt? That sounds less than stock. I thought they did 18 psi from the factory if they are the turbo models.

svtmemo

Established Member
Put a whipple on and don't look back
^^+1 on the whipple
yea that could be one of those comercials whipple 3,000 tune 600 cocky cobalt guys face when hes 4 cars behind priceless.:rolling:
^lmao! that would be a funny commercial lol

but for real that little car was fast, it kind of sucks the guy wasn't straight up with you though lol but you still beat him so yeah:rockon:

SinisterCobra

Established Member
Got to race a bolt on ss/tc in my wife's evo. The guy was super confident he'd get me, but I beat him by 2 cars... I was actually surprised he hung in there. Cool little cars! Good Kill

yeah man that little Cobalt suprised the hell out of me.

Put a whipple on and don't look back

Whipple is coming soon :)

16 PSI for the Cobalt? That sounds less than stock. I thought they did 18 psi from the factory if they are the turbo models.

I'm not really sure what they are stock, but i'm just going off by what he told me. He told me he was bumping it up to 22 psi... maybe I heard wrong and thats what he's running now :shrug:

Good kills I wonder if that guy wants to give away another 100 :)

I think he'll think twice about it, lol. Though they were throwing some Civic hatch my way which is supposedly in mid 11s. I'm not close to that and thats more for around your power level man.

Nice kill, I hear grupo Duelo!

lol, yeah something you dont hear everyday in a racing video :)

SlwSVT

Established Member
Looks like the Cobalt SS had bolt ons and the most important thing a tune. Those little mods will get the Cobalt to about 310 at the wheels. Stock they make 15#s and chances are he was making 22#s. That is pretty standard for a simple tune on those cars. They do run pretty decent when modded.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Looks like the Cobalt SS had bolt ons and the most important thing a tune. Those little mods will get the Cobalt to about 310 at the wheels. Stock they make 15#s and chances are he was making 22#s. That is pretty standard for a simple tune on those cars. They do run pretty decent when modded.

He'll need more than a tune to make it fast. Maybe spray. My HHR SS with 22-25#(GM stage 1) of boost is quick but in no way ready to take on a bolt-on terminator.

SinisterCobra

Established Member

Thanks for the info, atleast I know more or less what he had.

good kills, but why you say im only showing 2 videos

It's up on YouTube along with my other videos, I didn't put it up on this site because it looked crappy and I don't think it was worth watching. But you're more than welcome to watch it:)

Users who are viewing this thread