03 cobra vs c6 corvette z06

89LX

Established Member
left the race track on wednesday night and jumped on the freeway for the two hour drive ran an 11.88. my boy on his mach ran a 13.20 were crusin on the freeway when these two vettes pulled next to us one of them is a c6 z06 that comes next to me and revs at first im not havin any of it i just want to get home. but after a couple of more revs im just like alright than we downshift to second and go for it by the end of second im about a car ahead and pullin third comes aarround and hes no where to be seen so i just let off and let him catch up. i rev at him to go at it again and he just jumps on the exit lane and leaves i was suprised that i got him by that much and disapointed cause he didnt want to do another run!!!:poke:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Sounds like he started in the wrong gear and either quit or missed a shift after he realized he wasn't gaining like he should. Good kill non the less:beer:, not your fault he couldn't get it right:lol:

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
You said you ran an 11.88 at the track and ran away from a C6Z on the highway in the same sentence? LS3 exhaust only vettes can be a handful on the highway at your power level, let alone Z's. Just my experiences though.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Man that was a nightmare to read. Do us all a favor and learn how to use periods.

I cant see you walking away from C6Z on the highway but if you did congrats.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like you showed him whos boss!

So im guessing you have a pullied cobra and supporting goodies with that et. What was your trap speed at the track?

89slowgt331

Established Member
left the race track on wednesday night and jumped on the freeway for the two hour drive ran an 11.88. my boy on his mach ran a 13.20 were crusin on the freeway when these two vettes pulled next to us one of them is a c6 z06 that comes next to me and revs at first im not havin any of it i just want to get home. but after a couple of more revs im just like alright than we downshift to second and go for it by the end of second im about a car ahead and pullin third comes aarround and hes no where to be seen so i just let off and let him catch up. i rev at him to go at it again and he just jumps on the exit lane and leaves i was suprised that i got him by that much and disapointed cause he didnt want to do another run!!!:poke:

Very Impressive, More impressive is "my boy on his mach ran a 13.20" how does he reach the gas pedal? :shrug:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
A Cobra that runs high 11's will usually get taken to the woodshed by a C6Z on the highway. They have to be able to drive it though so good kill.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
A Cobra that runs high 11's will usually get taken to the woodshed by a C6Z on the highway. They have to be able to drive it though so good kill.

I would think so, soon I'm going to get a azz whippin. Guy w c6 zo6 and a vortech will destroy me even w my nitrous also. That c6 zo6 ran 135 mph in the 1/4 mi. That was w no traction. It still ran a 10.6 something @ 135 mph.

jcveron

Established Member
:bs: i dont see your 11.88 car out running a c6z on the highway. especially saying in 3rd gear nowhere to be seen! if you did congratulations. i just dont see it happening.

19935.slow

Established Member
:bs: i dont see your 11.88 car out running a c6z on the highway. especially saying in 3rd gear nowhere to be seen! if you did congratulations. i just dont see it happening.

I'm sure o.p.s car is most likely bolt ons with a pulley or port, but posts like the one above make some people look plain stupid. He didn't even say what he traps. He could have ran 11.8 at 130 + mph. Let the man speak.

Users who are viewing this thread