03 Cobra vs 2010+ GT500 and 2010+SS

d3mon_fx

SVT N00b
Established Member
Had a long Saturday ahead so I woke up early…..

Got into the highway at crack of dawn, not many cars on it, so I cruised with my music blasting trying to wake up. Suddenly I see this newer mustang?? Coming at me very fast when it got closer I saw the round fog lights and the little snake on the grill and I though “Damn a Shelby”. It was a dark grey with black stripes GT500 the driver an old timer on his 50s maybe. He signaled me to lower my window, I did. He yells
*Nice wheels you got in there boy? Stock?*
“Cold air intake the rest stock”
*You wanna go for it?*
“Sure let’s go”

We slowed down at around 40mph and hit it. Happened what I knew it was going to happen: my front bumper suddenly was almost by his mirror and he kept going, but to my surprise wasn’t blowing my doors off like I thought it would. We got to around 85mph and my bumper was still on his rear quarter panel.
He gave me a smug face and thumbs up and we went on our separate ways, I was pleasantly surprised, I though surely that he was going to destroy me but he didn’t.

Later that afternoon…

I got a call from my co-worker his Ford truck was in the shop so he needed a ride to a trade show we had, he had been in my car once on the city and kept telling me that I should get rid of my “pusstang” because are girl’s cars to buy a new Camaro SS, which to his knowledge is the best damn car ever and fast as hell.

We got in the highway and while trying to show him how to use the damn GPS on my phone we got next to this nice 93 Cobra we cruised side to side for a while but I wasn’t interested on racing neither did him: too much traffic; however, the driver of this brand new (still had paper plates) yellow Camaro SS convertible seen us and REALLY wanted to race, he was weaving thru traffic trying to get next to us rev’ing his engine and all that.

They guy in the 93 cobra bailed out and took his exit so it was me and the Camaro, my co-worker of course egged me on to race him “so I can get my butt whooped” he said, I signaled the guy in the SS to follow me and we exited to a toll way in Mexico with no traffic. I really didn’t know what was going to happen I have never raced a new Camaro… so we slowed down honked 3 times and went for it, I could not believe what was happening by 70 I had a car and him by 90 almost 2 cars, we slowed down at a 100mph he just waved and left, obviously he wasn’t very happy and my co-worker’s face was a poem. He hasn’t criticized my car again and I have not heard anything about a Camaro at work… good times good times.

blkvenm97

Established Member
nice kill and death...not too surprised with the outcomes...termis usually don't have a problem with those newer camaros but good job against the gt500 with just a cold air intake!

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
A lot of races in Mexico lately??

Nice kill..if the SS Vert was an auto then I would expect you to crush it despite the fact you had a passenger.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
The Shelby guy really called you a boy? Either way good death, and nice kill on the maro and shutting your friend up lol

ok ok ok ill kick you square in the nuts while using an android phone

Stinger2011

Established Member
Nice. Must have felt good shutting up your buddy. My co-worker's boyfriend (cool guy) supposedly has a lot of stuff done to an old riced out v8 Mustang. He likes to make smug comments every now and then. I hope to race him later this year when I get my car running right.

ramstein

Established Member
Why does your Terminator have only cold air intake?:shrug::shrug: Can you imagine what you would do to that SS if you had 2.93 at least?lol

CobraKid04

Established Member
wow a non-pullied cobra....unreal.

as far as the maro...thoes things are dogs from the factory. I test drove one and I was expecting so much more.

d3mon_fx

SVT N00b
Established Member
wow a non-pullied cobra....unreal.

as far as the maro...thoes things are dogs from the factory. I test drove one and I was expecting so much more.

Why does your Terminator have only cold air intake?:shrug::shrug: Can you imagine what you would do to that SS if you had 2.93 at least?lol

Lol yeah during the longest time people who knew cobras asked me “what do you have done to it?” when I said stock they were like.:eek: :dw: :bs::nono:

It took me forever to find a stock Terminator, I test drove a lot of them and some of them had problems I could see and the other ones:shrug:….. so I felt better by getting an "untouched one" sadly the one I got had some cosmetic issues.... the paint was shit, so I had to get a paint job first and the cold air intake was a Christmas gift from my wife.... along with a pulley a and an idler set, the tuner is coming in tomorrow so we will see...

GODBACON

Established Member
Lol yeah during the longest time people who knew cobras asked me “what do you have done to it?” when I said stock they were like.:eek: :dw: :bs::nono:...

I completely know where you’re coming from!! Bought my ’04 cobra 3 weeks ago with only a MGW short throw and the rest stock. I haven’t had anyone line up to me yet but every friend of mine who has been in it cannot believe it’s stock. I’m kind of surprised myself since all I have to compare with is my ’01 bolt on GT.
Nice kill!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread