03 cobra vs 09 z06

Blackstallion8

Established Member
hey who would win out of these two?

I just bought a 03 manual cobra, 2.7 pulley, tune, cold air intake, 3in exhaust, x pipe, dynoed 460hp and 475 lbs tq. vs a stock 09 z06 6 speed?

also i got this race lined up with a 08? 09? dodge charger with the 6.1 hemi manual stock as well.

I want to install gears 4:10's the rear axle brace, add some 315/ 35 nitto drags before i race them need insight.

Common

Established Member
Bring lots of this for the Z06 race if you dont race from a dig.

KY-bg.gif

02GTP

Banned
if he can drive, your toast. the charger wont be a problem at all. if you go from a roll you will get dusted. i love termis but with your mods, u dont have enough for a c6 z.

Blackstallion8

Established Member
it will be from a launch this guy is a heads up believer.
i just need to know if i got it or not.
id hate to lose to a chevy but im willing to find out.

Common

Established Member
it will be from a launch this guy is a heads up believer.
i just need to know if i got it or not.
id hate to lose to a chevy but im willing to find out.

He will run you down mid 4th if he can drive, if he is not a solid driver, then he is sol.

Cobra with your mods can trap up to about 122-124, that is enough to beat a Z from a dig, just dont miss gears and make sure you have traction/tires.

bmxer89

Established Member
Need more power, your only making about 15 more hp give or take than a z06 and weight a hell of alot more. Better hope he can't drive.

btmhwb

Established Member
you will get owned. I am sorry to say. Spray a 100 shot to have a chance I bet. Them damn things are fast man (talkin about the c6z)

Common

Established Member
Orrrrr, take your back seats out, take your jack and spare out and passenger seat if you can. That will shed some good weight. Also, try not have more than quarter tank of gas when this happens.

Blackstallion8

Established Member
s**h guys this vette is cool looking my boss owns it.
i just bought my cobra 3 weeks ago so i haven't gotten the 2-3 shift yet.:??:
so we both have no expierience in either cars. we have talked about this race 4 years and now its here.
he needs to break it in so i got time to mod it if i have to.

Blackstallion8

Established Member
joeson1010 is that a bad thing? im not scared jus being precautious. i have been mighty cocky so i need to live up to my talk.

wallie40

Established Member
You need more, the c6 is going to get you. Trust me i know. I own both cars. You should be fine with the charger.

-Paul

Blackstallion8

Established Member
arnt the c6 rated at 405 and the z06 505 im not a chevy guy or are they named the same? cause this vette is the 505hp with like 25 miles he drove it from the dealer to the shop and here it sitts

wallie40

Established Member
standard c6 in 09 is 430hp and the z06 hasnt changed, it is still 505hp. You have to remember that the z06 is lighter.

Blackstallion8

Established Member
i was told at this altitude they only dyno 385 to 400 hp to the ground. so thats what i going off of but the weight is a problem huh.

wallie40

Established Member
where in ID are you? I will be there next mo in Lewiston to visit my dad with my z06.

I dont know what a standard c6 does. Most z06's dyno around 440 or so to the wheels. some more some less.

-Paul

wallie40

Established Member
well i wish you the best of luck. If it is a standard c6 it will be fun. if it is a z06 it is over. I ran my buddies 03 cobra with 480hp/460tq and he couldnt take me at all. I pulled on him by 2 cars and he could never catch me.

It is a nice death.

-Paul

Users who are viewing this thread