03 Cobra Vs. 07 Viper GTS Coupe

SoonToBeASnake

Established Member
I was cruising down the beach with my cousin today, and we came a across a brand new Copper w/ Black Stripes Dodge Viper :thumbsup: We followed each other through PCH, both drove by each other and we found some open road and went from a 1st gear roll, and I got pulled pretty hard down low, about 2-3 cars and he stayed up front. I was hoping to do a little better but you can't win them all I guess. We exchanged thumbs up and went our separate ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

C6 Vette

Established Member
Girth said:
I was cruising down the beach with my cousin today, and we came a across a brand new Copper w/ Black Stripes Dodge Viper :thumbsup: We followed each other through PCH, both drove by each other and we found some open road and went from a 1st gear roll, and I got pulled pretty hard down low, about 2-3 cars and he stayed up front. I was hoping to do a little better but you can't win them all I guess. We exchanged thumbs up and went our separate ways.

Thats the "copperhead" Viper. Our local dealer was asking $100K a few months back . To lose by a couple car lengths against a car of that caliber is nothing to hold your head low about.....

SoonToBeASnake

Established Member
I was in 1st gear, little too high of a RPM, I was very close to 5k and had to shift pretty fast, but even if we went from a little higher speed say 2nd gear at 45-50 I still would have lost but probably not by as much. In the upper speeds he wasn't pulling away like the C6 Z06's that I have ran I will tell you that much :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

ASSASSIN

03 "DSG" Cobra
Established Member
Rob,

You did pretty well and it there is nothing wrong with losing to a viper and remember the most important thing is that you can't win them all but you had fun :)

SoonToBeASnake

Established Member
Thanks guys, I have to wait a little while but I do have some plans for the car, having a upper pulley for over a year has gotten old let me tell you :lol:

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
No shame at all losing to a car like that. It's also always good to see someone post a loss.

FYI, there were no 2007 vipers. They stopped in 2006 (the only year they made coupes) and will start again in 2008 with the 600hp model.

SoonToBeASnake

Established Member
I realized that there are no 07 Vipers shortly after I posted this thread, my bad :lol: Yeah I'm not too dissapointed, hopefully next time I run into one I'll be packing a little more punch :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread