03 Cobra VS 05 GT Procharged

93SVT#18

Established Member
I ran a mustang GT (not ford GT) weekend before last at the track. Happen to be my father-in-law. He talked shit to me for two weeks before we went to the track about how he was giong to out run me. Lets just say that its not your everyday GT(pro charger, 4.10,MT dr's, longtubes, etc, etc, etc). He thought because he made more than me on the dyno and that he had a supercharger he was going to out run me. His best run was a 12.54 i believe. See my sig for times and mods and #s. He put down like 440 HP. The worst part about it is i took his car out on the first run with no practice and not driving it much and ran a 12.34 with it. Guess it is that damn driver mod again. Has to suck to get out run with your own car. Car is quick and would probally run in the 11's maybe. We ran one time and i ran my 12.05 and he ran a 16 something( no traction I guess and then not trying). So any way, after all that smack talking, he didnt have a chance. I was nice about it and have not really said anything back to him since, but would love to.

StangJason

Established Member
From my experience with a Procharger where my car put down 529rwhp (probably more since I had some port work and a new flywheel and clutch put in after the dyno) I learned that all of that power came at or near redline. So my times weren't as good as my 03 Cobra making nearly 100 less rwhp just because the Cobra's power and torque was consistent all the way up to redline versus being really peaky.

Smokinlx

Established Member
What was His MPH? That would give Us a better idea of the potential of His stang. Good run's and it sound's like 11's are a sure bet with a little more seat time. :beer:

93SVT#18

Established Member
i dont know his mph because i really never paid attention to his time slips. havent seen them since. I will have to see if he has them still so i can look at them. Changing gear in the car first of next week. Had to shift int 5th gear to run the quarter so going back to 3.73 vs 4.10

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
93SVT#18 said:
i dont know his mph because i really never paid attention to his time slips. havent seen them since. I will have to see if he has them still so i can look at them. Changing gear in the car first of next week. Had to shift int 5th gear to run the quarter so going back to 3.73 vs 4.10

If you ran him his stuff should be on your slip.

joegt38

Established Member
Nice kill
Hes probably not putting down 440 if hes only running mid 12s, or he not the greatest driver.
Again nice kill none the less.

93SVT#18

Established Member
93SVT#18 said:
We ran one time and i ran my 12.05 and he ran a 16 something( no traction I guess and then not trying).

That was outr run. The rest is comparing time slips. Also the car put down close to 440 on the dyno.

Camaro99SS

Established Member
The shop here in town put a Procharger on an 05 GT M5, and it put down 440rwhp with 9psi and no other mods. If that car could ever hook, it should run mid 11's with an average driver.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread