03 cobra vs 04 GTO

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
I recently ran a new GTO at the track (this weekend) and I had a very nice run.... (I got [email protected])... Someone was taping the run, and was nice enough to send it to me... I now have the file on my desktop (about 6mb or so), but don't have a way to host it... if anyone is willing to host it for all to see, I would love to email it to them to get this setup....

Please pm me with your email, or just post it in this thread if you have the ability to host the file for others to see...

Thanks
James:beer:

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
ok, I got a member on the boards here that is going to host the vid... I just emailed him the vid...hopefully it will be up in a few min.... Oh, and the person that made this vid accidently listed my 03 as a 04... just a typo.... other then that, its correct... (little shakey at the end, but good none the less....)

Oh, and the track prep sucked ass, as you will hear, I had to keep feathering the gas on the launch, and I am running nittos (315's) and still spun on the launch....

Let me know what you all think once this is up!!

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
I have a 2.8RR upper, diablo chip, metco 14" open element filter, mac off road midpipe and a flowmaster cat back.... tri-ax, and some other mods that I can't think of right now.... I was really hoping for 11's, and didn't quite make it that day (so damn close!!) You have to remember though, that track is out in the middle of no where, about 1200 ft above sea level... I am not sure what that equates to when corrected

Last edited:

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by jcayer
I have a 2.8RR upper, diablo chip, metco 14" open element filter, mac off road midpipe and a flowmaster cat back.... tri-ax, and some other mods that I can't think of right now.... I was really hoping for 11's, and didn't quite make it that day (so damn close!!) You have to remember though, that track is out in the middle of no where, about 12000 ft above sea level... I am not sure what that equates to when corrected

The vid said the gto was supercharged, huh, 13.3 best aren't those stock 13.5 n/a?

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
Actually, I don't know if they are SC'ed or not.. Like I said, I didn't make the video, I was just in it.... (example, the author put me in as a 2004, when I have a 2003 ect....) I am part of a local Mustang club and we went to the track as a group, and another member posted this vid, did all the work, I didn't even know it was taped...

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Thats cool, I thought it was little strange a s/c GTO would not post better than a 13.3, n/a that is good time. Nice run for you btw

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
Originally posted by 03Red10th
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think you have to many zeros in that number. It's more like 1200. :p

Yeah yeah yeah... I fixed it... it really said 1200.0, you just couldn't see the period, it was hiding:lol: )

1994ta

I doubt that GTO was supercharged.. it only trapped at 104 mph. That's what they trap at stock. Supercharged would be in the neighborhood of 112+

Ballistik8

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Yeah, a modded mach would take him down...that trap speed is way to low to be a s/c GTO...besides it got raped by the terminator, good kill btw...those conditions will affect your ETA, you should be closer to 11's, but sounds like you're really havin to feather the clutch in 1st, what tires are on?

bartzmach1

Established Member
here is the post from Mach1Registry. PS this is not Me. The guys handle is Angus66

Ran a Supercharged 04 GTO at the track...
...and tore him a new one!

Here's the video:

Blown GTO vs Bolt-On Mach 1
http://home.comcast.net/~luvpoohbear/04_Blown_GTO_vs_03_Mach_091104.wmv

I had to make the video pretty big - any smaller & you couldn't read the timing boards.
If anyone still can't read them, I have a larger version that even Mr Magoo could read. It's almost 10 MB though...

Since I knew I would get called a liar by the GM/GTO fans,
I took video of the above car (and mine) in the pits cooling-off between runs,
with numbers clearly visible on the sides of both cars:

Blown GTO & Bolt-On Mach 1 in the pits
http://home.comcast.net/~luvpoohbear/GTO_n_Mach_Up_Close_091104.wmv

The GTO ran a a bit faster (13.346 @ 104.49 w/2.0X 60 ft) against an '04 Cobra, who ran a 12.067 @ 119.09 (OUCH!).

'04 Blown GTO vs '04 Blown Cobra
http://home.comcast.net/~luvpoohbear/04_Blown_GTO_vs_04_Cobra.wmv

The Goat also ran a 13.2X @ 104.8X (2.00 60 ft) early in the day, which I got on video but I didn't
catch his time before it was gone from the board.
(The 5.0 car he ran was so far ahead of him that I got bored waiting for the GTO's time to appear... )

Personally, I'd be more than a little irked if I was the owner of this car.
Either the tune is extremely safe, or the blower is only making 2 PSI of boost.
I talked to the owner several times & he seemed quite satisfied with his times - and since it's his car - that's all that really matters I guess.

So, I got what I had been looking for - a run with a modded '04 Goat.

Maybe not the fastest or best-tuned GTO around, but a run nonetheless...

Also, not a new best time, but still my best run of the day:
(This is not my slip running the GTO BTW)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread