03 cobra vs 03 saleen

svt4cobra6

I have an 03 cobra with mrt catted hpipe, mag catback and K and N fipk, just wondering how it would do against an 03 saleen that I think came with the m90 Eaton? There is a guy that wants to race but I am thinking I might need at least a pulley and tune with the weight disadvantage as I still have the stock tune

1bad00

Established Member
race him! the saleen is a 2 valve with a blower. unless its built up pretty well you should have no problem.

02blownGT

Established Member
Saleens typically put down about 350 to the wheels so unless he did some serious work you got him no problem.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
look at this way...

Say theres a 30 year old man with rifle...and you tell him to kill this 10 year old child who has a knife and trys to stab him.....chances are the little boy will get his head encaved with a round... now give the kid a little .380 and ask the same thing.....chances are...the little bastard will get his head encaved again....

Thats whats it like when you put a blown 2v against a blown 4v

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
look at this way...

Say theres a 30 year old man with rifle...and you tell him to kill this 10 year old child who has a knife and trys to stab him.....chances are the little boy will get his head encaved with a round... now give the kid a little .380 and ask the same thing.....chances are...the little bastard will get his head encaved again....

Dude put the crack pipe down!!!!!:dw:

saleensc281

Established Member
Saleens typically put down about 350 to the wheels so unless he did some serious work you got him no problem.

A stock Saleen doesnt make 350rwhp. A stock Saleen with Eaton M90 will be lucky to dyno at 300rwhp. In other words...you will kill him. Now the 04 came with a Whipple 1.7 which is a better blower then the M90. Not sure on rwhp numbers for that blower though. The Extreme in those years came with the Whipple 2.1.

sicfast

Established Member
look at this way...

what??:dw:

svt4cobra6

the guy might have the extreme, rated at 425 hp at the crank. I dynoed 404hp at the wheels with the stock tune and I think equates to about 475 hp at the crank so might still have enough of an hp advantage.

02blownGT

Established Member
A stock Saleen doesnt make 350rwhp. A stock Saleen with Eaton M90 will be lucky to dyno at 300rwhp. In other words...you will kill him. Now the 04 came with a Whipple 1.7 which is a better blower then the M90. Not sure on rwhp numbers for that blower though. The Extreme in those years came with the Whipple 2.1.

Your right i have personally seen them put down 320ish.I was just rounding up.

jeffs

Established Member
I piss pounded a blue 03 blown saleen before I added my lower pulley, tune and port.

Let him talk as much as he wants, then smoke his arse.

Users who are viewing this thread